Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I also encountered a runtime error as descripted in the URL: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05333619. I followed the instructions for the solution. But that didn't work. The only file a found in that folder is a desktop.ini. I've looked in all users available, but nothing. How to proceed? I've cleaned up/deleted all items form the HP Photosmart 7520 already in the Windows register.

Thanks for help.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Ton-Lindemann,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already tried the solution provided by HP support and it didn't work, there are a few more steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue:

• Update Drivers and Software: Ensure that you have the latest drivers and software for your HP Photosmart 7520. Sometimes, outdated drivers or software can cause errors. Visit the HP website and download the latest drivers and software for your printer model.
  • Check for Windows Updates: Make sure your operating system is up-to-date. Sometimes, Windows updates can include fixes for compatibility issues with certain hardware or software.
  • Run System File Checker (SFC): SFC is a built-in Windows tool that scans for and repairs corrupted system files. Open Command Prompt as an administrator and type the command sfc /scannow, then press Enter. Allow the scan to complete and follow any instructions provided.
  • Check for Malware: Sometimes, malware can cause DLL errors. Run a full system scan using a reliable antivirus or antimalware software to check for any malicious programs that may be causing the issue.
  • Perform a Clean Boot: A clean boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, which can help identify if a third-party application is causing the problem. 

Refer to this document:  HP Photosmart 7520 e-All-in-One Printer series User Manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended
Thanks for your explanation, but I still have an additional question. The broken printer is already gone. Do I have to reinstall the drivers from that printer first and then remove them again according to your steps/method?
HP Recommended

Hi @Ton-Lindemann,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

HI @Ton-Lindemann,

Thank you for your response,

We apologize for the inconvenience,

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance.

You can reach out at HP USA Customer Support no: 1800 474 6836. Thank you!

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Gaya1238

HP Support

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.