Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4525dn Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently added a used CP4525 to my home office. I don' t print often, so I turn the printer off when I'm not using it to save energy. From what I can determine in the documentation, if the printer is turned off the time and date settings are lost and have to be entered when it's turned on the next time.

Is there some workaround for this? Or - is there some sort of energy savings setting I can invoke so it's not sucking down power when not in use?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If the date is not being retained it is because the battery on the formatter is dead, not unexpected on a device this old. Powered off but still plugged in the device should retain the date and time. You can check the clock settings as new models have the option to sync to a internet time clock but I do not know when they started using that feature.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Bring up the embedded web page and set it to sleep.,

Use the IP address of your printer

http://192.168.1.120

BeemerBiker_0-1715310195059.png

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Nothing like that in this printer's setup. Been through every menu, nothing for power management.

Screen Shot 2024-05-10 at 9.02.33 AM.jpg

HP Recommended

If the date is not being retained it is because the battery on the formatter is dead, not unexpected on a device this old. Powered off but still plugged in the device should retain the date and time. You can check the clock settings as new models have the option to sync to a internet time clock but I do not know when they started using that feature.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

It has been plugged in since it was set up, yet it does not retain date and time settings. Can the battery in the formatter be replaced?

I am very familiar with the monochrome 4000 Series printers, so this isn't my first rodeo. If the battery is available as a service part, I can replace it. No provision for time server, either local or Internet, on enterprise devices this old, I believe.

Thank you!

HP Recommended

Couldn't edit my reply, so here's more:

I pulled the formatter board and located the battery, a typical coin cell, CR 2032. It appears to be contact welded to a couple of metal supports that provide the connection to the circuit board. I'll get a replacement battery today and see what I can do about replacing the existing battery without doing any damage and report back.

HP Recommended

Update:

I removed the battery from formatter board and replaced it with a new battery. Just tested the printer and now both time and date settings are retained while powered off. Huzzah!

Thank you, Repairtrooper!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.