Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer - G510g
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I recently purchased a used Officejet 4500 (USB/Ethernet - not wireless) for an elderly family member. Purchase did not include the installation CD.  The Windows driver is working (although it is listed as J4500, not 4500) for printing, but I have not figured out how to set scan destination or scan from desktop software. Is there a download link where I can obtain a Toolbox and scan driver (?) for this older unit? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MGH4 

Ok, so then try again with the next one:

* Click on YES button   to say thanks, 

* Click on the button Accepted Solution if the question is answered.

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @MGH4 ,

Try with the software download from the next link:

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

HP Recommended

Thanks FerRX but that states it is for Windows 10. I'm looking for Win 7 / 32 bit. Will it still work?

HP Recommended

Ok, then try with the next one:

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

HP Recommended

FerRX - Thanks again for quick response. I think we are getting closer, but that link is for Win 7-64 bit and it would not install. The computer is running Win7-32bit. Would you have a link for that?

Again - thanks for your time/effort helping me solve this problem.

Mike

HP Recommended

Hi @MGH4 

Ok, so then try again with the next one:

Best regards, 

ferRX.

dodecaedron

HP Recommended

Thanks so much. That installed. Somehow I expected a "toolbox" with scan menu/link to be available, but it looks like scanning is command line only on this device. I have the print function working through ethernet connection to router and was hoping I could do the same with the scan features. I'll have to work on it, but sincere thanks for staying with me through the steps to get here.

HP Recommended

Hello, I recently purchased a used Officejet 4500 G510n-z (wireless). The printer driver is installed automatically by Win but the scanner driver is not.  Where can I get the scanner driver? My configuration: Win10 (64bit). Thanks for help.

HP Recommended

JMS123 - I never was able to locate a Toolbox to download and I still cannot use the device to scan. I'll watch your post and see anyone more knowledgeable can solve this problem for both of us.

HP Recommended

Could I have the driver software? because the files were deleted from the support page, thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.