Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8035

Trying to claim a Printer Code to HP Connected, and I repeatedly get failures with each code that is printed out.  After a factory reset and clean install the error message while setting up the printer changes to "Your printer is connected to another account. To access printer sharing and remote printing, you need to connect your printer to your account."

The printer is not connected to any HP Account I have access to.  How can I get this printer removed from an unknown HP Connected account?Click to expand Click to expand Printers category Click to collapse Printers category

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @NextLevelTech ,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Looks like the printer is referring to a claim code to enroll in Instant Ink. I will surely help you. Please make sure the printer is connected to private wifi, not a shared network or wifi direct. Please make sure you are using genuine HP ink cartridges.

For printers released before 2020, a claim code is used to add your network-connected printer to your HP Smart account. The claim code automatically prints or displays on the printer control panel after enabling Web Services.

At first, Let's do a network reset:

1. Disconnect the power cord from the router.

2. Turn off the printer.

3. Turn off the mobile device/PC.

Press and hold the wireless ((i)) and cancel button at the same time for 5 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to the router, then wait for the Internet activity light to display a normal connected status.

5. Turn on the printer.

6. Turn on the mobile device/PC.

Once done, Turn on Web Services: Click Here

Find the printer claim code:

After enabling Web Services, an information page prints that lists the HP ePrint email address and printer claim code.

Find the printer claim code on the information printout or on the printer control panel display. The claim code is a string of text and letters unique to your printer, typically listed underneath the ePrint email address. Please click Here for the detailed troubleshooting steps.

Enter the claim code during printer setup, Instant Ink enrollment, or on the HP Smart website.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can you please read and respond to my actual question?  I have already tried every way possible to get my Printer Code to connect to my HP Connected account, but with the error "Your printer is connected to another account", I can guarantee that the issue is not going to be resolved by anything I try changing on my end.  Who do I need to speak to at HP to get a printer removed from an HP Connected Account so we can claim it with someone new?

HP Recommended

Hi @NextLevelTech,

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like your HP printer is configured to work with HP Instant Ink. I will need a few additional details to help you with this.

I request you to share all the details in a private message. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

To understand the issue and help you, please share the details listed below:

• Registered email address and the serial number of the printer.

Note: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.