Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have an hp1102w printer that worke fine in aotherhouse with this lenovo laptop... I am in anohter house with the same printer and I an't get it to work now.  They are both connecyed to the same network wifi

I don't kow what to do I hav tried all 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @grabbit97,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're having trouble connecting your HP 1102w printer to your Lenovo laptop on a Windows 11 system, even though they're on the same Wi-Fi network. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.

• Check Wi-Fi Connection: Make sure both your laptop and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Sometimes, devices can accidentally connect to different networks, which can cause connectivity issues.
  • Restart Devices: Turn off both your printer and laptop, then turn them back on. This simple step can often resolve many connection issues by resetting the devices.
  • Reinstall Printer Drivers: Sometimes, driver issues can cause printing problems. Try reinstalling the printer drivers on your laptop. You can download the latest drivers from the HP support website. Make sure to select the correct operating system version (Windows 11) and follow the installation instructions carefully.
  • Reset Printer Network Settings: On your HP 1102w printer, you can reset the network settings to factory defaults. This will erase any previous network configurations and allow you to set it up again from scratch. Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a network reset.
  • Check Firewall Settings: Your laptop's firewall settings may be blocking the connection to the printer. Make sure that your firewall settings allow communication with the printer over the network. You may need to add an exception for the printer.
  • Use HP Print and Scan Doctor: HP provides a troubleshooting tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor, which can help diagnose and resolve printing issues automatically. You can download it from the HP website and run it on your laptop to see if it detects any problems with the printer.

By following these steps, you should hopefully be able to resolve the connectivity issue between your HP 1102w printer and Lenovo laptop running Windows 11.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.