Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro M15a Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

printer hp laserjet pro 15a declare having custom paper size, but there is no option to select  or define custom paper size on printer's properties form for windows 10

how to define or select, i nee for size "executive"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gsal1

Are you using the HP Smart app to print?

Click here to download the HP Full-feature driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Now, try printing by creating a custom size paper.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@gsal1, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I see that you are trying to print on a custom size paper.  Click here to check the supported paper sizes under printer specifications.

• Which app are you using to print?
  • Are you using the HP Smart app or the full feature printer driver?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

To know how to print, refer to - Create Custom Paper Sizes

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you for you answer

my main problem is there is NO CUSTOM size button on HP M15a properties page

I can't create custom paper size

when printing from NOTEPAD, there are available only predefined paper/envelope sizes, like A4, A5, Letter

no custom size (especially i need Executive size, 184,2mm x 266,7mm)

when printing from MS-WORD, it allows me, to among other, define "custom paper size" and to print on it

I expected to have CUSTOM defined paper size available with other predefined sizes, directly through printer's driver, and properties page

maybe I was wrong, maybe printer is not able to define its custom paper size, but simply can accepts printouts if application is capable of correctly formatting it?

if that is the case, I have to use some other more powerful model, like Laserjet 107A, which has more predefined paper types, suiting me

HP Recommended

@gsal1

Are you using the HP Smart app to print?

Click here to download the HP Full-feature driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Now, try printing by creating a custom size paper.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thank you for your answer

I am not  using HP Smart App for printing, just simply windows drivers for office apps

and yes, I have already installed printer driver from hp pages, dated 2021

MS-WORD is able to print CUSTOM sized forms, but I am not able to declare CUSTOM paper size at printer 15a itself

so, I am starting to realize that 15a is capable to print CUSTOM forms if printing application is defining them, but not able to create any particular CUSTOM size on printer itself

so, I was misunderstanding the meaning of term CUSTOM in printer's specification

thank you

HP Recommended

@gsal1

If you are using HP driver and tried the steps mentioned in this document - Create Custom Paper Sizes, but the issue persists, I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region for further assistance. 

Follow the instructions below to reach them:

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 

6) Fill out the webform and proceed further.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes, you may use this link to find the phone number of the regional HP Support team: HP Phone Assist Worldwide

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.