Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Lost password to printer but do not have instructions to preform NVRAM Reset for  HP Color LaserJet M182nw

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mich-0,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Performing an NVRAM reset on your HP Color LaserJet M182nw can often help with issues like forgotten passwords. Here's a general procedure to perform an NVRAM reset.

• Turn off the printer: Ensure the printer is turned off before starting the reset process.
  • Press and hold certain buttons: While turning on the printer, press and hold the 'Cancel' button and the 'Wireless' button simultaneously. Keep holding these buttons until the printer's control panel display shows the Ready message.
  • Release the buttons: Once you see the Ready message on the control panel display, release the 'Cancel' and 'Wireless' buttons.
  • Wait for the printer to initialize: The printer will now initialize, which may take a few moments. Once the initialization is complete, the printer should be reset to its factory settings, including any forgotten passwords.
  • Set up the printer again: After the reset, you may need to set up your printer again, including reconnecting it to your network and configuring any other settings you had previously.

Remember that performing an NVRAM reset will reset all settings on the printer to their factory defaults, so any custom configurations you've made will be lost. Make sure to proceed with caution and only perform this reset if you're sure it's necessary.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.