Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

how can I reset my office jet 7720 . I need to add to new email address etc

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Ali-star,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Resetting an HP Officejet 7720 printer can vary depending on what exactly you're aiming to reset. If you're looking to reset the printer to its factory settings, including removing any configured email addresses and other settings, you typically need to access the printer's control panel menu.

Here's a general guide on how to reset an HP Officejet 7720 printer.

• Access the Control Panel: Start by accessing the printer's control panel. This usually involves pressing the "Home" button or similar to bring up the main menu.
  • Navigate to Settings: Within the control panel menu, navigate to the "Settings" or "Setup" option. The specific wording may vary slightly depending on your printer's firmware version.
  • Restore Factory Defaults: Look for an option within the settings menu that allows you to restore the printer to its factory default settings. This option may be named something like "Restore Defaults," "Reset Printer," or similar. Select this option.
  • Confirm Reset: The printer will likely prompt you to confirm that you want to reset it to factory defaults. Confirm this action.
  • Wait for Reset: The printer will then go through the reset process, which may take a few moments. Once complete, the printer will restart and be restored to its original factory settings.
  • Reconfigure Settings: After the reset, you'll need to set up the printer again, including connecting it to your network and configuring any email addresses or other settings you require. Follow the prompts on the printer's control panel to do this.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.