Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 5745 all in one
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I downloaded newest printer software and now I am getting a "driver conflict" message . When I follow the prompts to "uninstall and reinstall" I still get the same message. The printer will print a good sample sheet but does not respond when I ask it to print anything.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

How many HP printers have you installed on your PC?

Might be good to remove those you do not need and then kust install the ones you need.

The following resource will help you to install :

HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50403/mp-150580-2/hppiw.exe

Let us know if that works!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums.

Can you try this Uninstaller from Microsoft and then reinstall the FULL feature software again?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

How many HP printers have you installed on your PC?

Might be good to remove those you do not need and then kust install the ones you need.

The following resource will help you to install :

HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL50403/mp-150580-2/hppiw.exe

Let us know if that works!

HP Recommended

I'm amazed that this did work. However, although the printer turns on and prints now, it only prints the colors and not the black ink. I printed a diagnostic and that comes out fine with black and color.  So how do I get the black to print?

HP Recommended

there must be some setting that isn't correct. when I print diagnostics there's a whole page of printed black codes and numbers but when I try to print an email or other page outside the diagnostics program I get no black ink. weird

HP Recommended

ok ok ok it was not a setting. I finally just replaced the black cartridge and it's now working fine. I guess the ink level was just high enough to print a diagnostic but not to print in real life. Thank you so much for the help in uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Very grateful..shelley

HP Recommended

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

just one more question...is it common for the diagnostics to print fine when actually I needed to replace the ink cartridge? I noticed that the level was low and that is why I decided to give it a try, but otherwise, had I just gone by the actual print out sheet which looked fine, I never would have known.

Once again I'd like to thank you because actually I get very anxious doing these things on my own and you were very helpful

HP Recommended

Hi @shelley4

The diagnostic is used to check on the health of the printheads - if there are many missing nozzles in the printout, it could meant low ink or printhead issues,

If the ink is low and actual print is bad, it's pretty conclusive that the ink needs replacement. 🙂

Hope that helps!

HP Recommended

I have a IMAC and put new ink cartridges in and tried to align. but all the pictures come out all red. 

put new black and color cartridges. cleaned cartridges and colors seems ok encept no "Cyan" shows up.

Shouldit be Blue? 

turned off the computer and printer, did not help. Now What?

[personal information removed]

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.