Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8725
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new computer but my HP OfficeJet Pro 8725 printer is 4 years old.  When I print from my old computer, the printing is fast and the pages appear in the correct order.  However, when I print from my new computer, the printing is very slow and the pages appear in reverse order.  Also, if I open the Printer Properties, the new computer shows only 2 tabs whereas the old computer shows 4 tabs and lots more information.  I include pictures of both.  Both computers are HP ALL-In-One.This is the look from the old computerThis is the look from the old computerThis is the look from the new computerThis is the look from the new computer 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

It seems as your new computer uses a generic Class driver from Microsoft and doesn't have a full HP driver installed.

P{lease follow HP Easy Start below, within the Software Selection screen be sure to select the HP Basic or Full Feature Software option and follow the steps to complete the installation:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/COL56399/HPEasyStart_13_3_3.exe

Once completing the HP software installation you should see the driver layout changes accordingly, following a successful installation you should be able to open the HP software by clicking the HP Officejet Pro 8720 icon on your PC desktop.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I tried several times but it was unsuccessful.  I end up with the message of "We're sorry, we don't support this device or operating system".  When I click on the link, it makes me install HP Smart (which is already installed) and nothing changes.

I have tried the HP Basic and the Full Feature but i get the same results.20210910_192559.jpg

HP Recommended

It looks like things have improved slightly.  My printer is still excruciatingly slow but now the pages of a long document are printing in the correct order.  That's an improvement and I am grateful for it.  Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.