Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
6455e
Microsoft Windows 11

I am trying to re-install my 6455e printer now that I have installed Windows 11 on my PC. I have the printer fully installed as far as I can see, but I am getting the "Printer Setup Incomplete" message on HP Smart. 

1. I have tried completely removing the printer device AND HP Smart, and re-installing. This did not change anything.

2. I cannot print anything until this is gone. I have no clue what else to do.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @dsghgfgffh,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already tried some troubleshooting steps, but let's go through a few more potential solutions to resolve the "Printer Setup Incomplete" error:

• Check for Windows Updates: Sometimes, printer compatibility issues arise due to outdated Windows components. Make sure your Windows 11 operating system is fully updated by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update, and then click on "Check for updates."
  • Run HP Print and Scan Doctor: This is a diagnostic tool provided by HP that can automatically diagnose and resolve printing and scanning problems. You can download it from the HP website, run the tool, and follow the prompts to see if it can identify and fix any issues with your printer setup.
  • Reset Printer Settings: On the printer's control panel, navigate to the Setup or Settings menu. Look for an option to reset the printer settings to factory defaults. After resetting, try setting up the printer again using HP Smart.
  • Check Antivirus/Firewall Settings: Sometimes, security software can interfere with printer setup. Temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software you have installed, and then try setting up the printer again. If the setup completes successfully, you can then re-enable your security software and configure it to allow communication with the printer.
  • Verify Network Connection: Ensure that both your printer and your computer are connected to the same network. You can also try connecting the printer to your computer using a USB cable to rule out any network-related issues.
  • Manually Install Printer Drivers: If HP Smart is not installing the necessary drivers correctly, you can try manually installing the drivers. Go to the HP website, search for your printer model, and download the latest drivers for Windows 11. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to install the drivers manually.  Software and Drivers for HP ENVY 6455e All-in-One Printer

Refer to this document:- HP ENVY 6455e All-in-One Printer User manual

HP Smart app errors during setup and account registration

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.