Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp laserjet pro m12w

Trying to wirelessly connect my macair vetura 13.4 machine to my HP laserjet por m12w.  Been at it for 3 hours.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @ThompNickSon,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I understand that you are facing connectivity issues. I’d like to help!

Make sure, your printer and your device are on the same network as 2.4GHZ only. 

Is it a private (Home network) or a public Wi-Fi connection? Wi-Fi direct? Or Hotspot?

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with the wireless connection. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps:

Check Printer Connection: Ensure your printer is turned on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your MacBook Air.

Restart Devices: Sometimes, simply restarting both your printer and MacBook Air can resolve connectivity issues.

Printer Setup: On your printer, print a Wireless Network Test Report or Wireless Configuration Page. This can provide information about the printer's wireless settings, including its IP address.

Add Printer on Mac:

• Open System Preferences on your MacBook Air.
  • Click on "Printers & Scanners."
  • Click the "+" button to add a printer.
  • Select your printer from the list and click "Add."

Manual IP Configuration (if needed):

• Go back to "Printers & Scanners."
  • Select your printer, then click on "Options & Supplies."
  • Go to the "General" tab, and then click "Select Software."
  • Choose your printer model from the list and click "OK."
  • Click on "Add" again, and this time, select "IP" at the top of the window.
  • Enter your printer's IP address, a descriptive name, and select the printer software from the "Use" dropdown menu.
  • Click "Add" to add the printer.

Test Print: Try printing a test page to see if the connection is successful.

You may refer to this document for more details 

If you're still having trouble, let me know the specific issue you're facing, and we can try more troubleshooting steps.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.