Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The HP8620 works as expected in a local user i.e. can print PDFs, Office Documents, Paint etc.

However when logged in as Domain User you cannot print Office (Excel, Word etc) documents but you can print PDFs, JPGs through Paint.  Airprint works OK.

If clicking on print properties you try to do a test print it very briefly appears in the queue and disappears.

If you use the embedded Web Server you can print test pages plus any of the Reports.

I have tried many, if not all of the ideas, available on the internet but to no avail.

I have an older C5180 which works well with all types of users.

The printer is on a 'wire' network, and am trying to use v32.3 drivers.  Windows 10 is v1607 and am using Office 2016 (v1701)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Eur0star

Thanks for letting me know Brian. 🙂

You right created a new user and it worked out well. So it indicates that there was some issue with the previous user account. But before you delete the existing domain user account and then create a new one, please consult your network admin (unless you're the one). Because there are a lot of other things associated with this particularly if it is a large network.

No other information is required by me. Hope all works out well. Good luck and keep me posted for any queries. Cheers! 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Eur0star

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP Officejet Pro 8620 e-All-in-One Printer and from a  local user account, it prints all documents (PDF, Office, etc). But when logged in as Domain User you cannot print Office (Excel, Word etc) documents but you can print PDFs, JPGs through Paint.  Airprint works OK. Test pages does not print either and prints only from the embedded web server of the printer. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Is the printer able to scan when you login as a Domain User?
  • Did any updates happen on the PC or for the printer after which this issue started?

Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Make sure your printer is turned on and connected to your PC.
  • If it still won't work, try running the printing troubleshooter.
  • If you’re still having problems, your printer may need a new driver.

• Open Start, enter Devices and Printers, select it from the list of results, and select your printer. Then select Remove device at the top of the screen and reinstall your printer.

If the issue persists then try disabling the UAC (User Account Control) in Win10 and then try to print:

• Go to Control Panel (Control Panel>> User Accounts and Family Safety>> User Accounts)
  • There you will find the Change User Account Control settings link. Click it.

change account control settings

• Alternatively, you can click the Start button to open the Start menu and type the following in the Search box: uac s
  • Click 'Change User Account Control settings' in the search results:

start menu uac control

• In the User Account Control settings dialog, move the slider to the bottom (Never Notify):

move slider

• Click OK. This will disable UAC.

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know how it goes. All the best! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi Kazi

You can scan as a domain user.

I reinstalled the printer driver,  I did this from the domain user.  It did not help.

I have done this several times times over the last couple of weeks both in the local account and the domain account.

Which is the correct way ?

I've done this so many times - is there a way of  completely   removing the driver and software and then installing again.

The UAC has always be disabled. 

Thanks for your help

Brian

HP Recommended

@Eur0star

You're welcome Brian and thanks for replying with the information.

I suggest you to have the Domain administrator to try and print for you. Moreover, I was checking the Microsoft office on my computer and it shows my name on Excel, Word, etc. towards the top right corner, as shown below. Shows that I'm logged into Microsoft:

Not sure if it shows up a name on your computers Microsoft documents when you login to the Domain.

Let me know. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

I checked my Office systems and the correct user name appears in the top right of the window.

I also logged in  as Domain Administrator;  this created a new user on the PC and surprise surprise I was able to output test prints and print from Office applications.

So . . anticipating your next suggestion  I created a new standard user and logged in using this user:

I was able to print test prints and also print from Office systems - so problem possibly resolved.

My next step, I think, will be to delete the domain user account and create a new one (making sure that mail etc is suitably backed up !!) and check this out.

Any other ideas or is there any info I can give you before I do this.

Regards

Brian

HP Recommended

@Eur0star

Thanks for letting me know Brian. 🙂

You right created a new user and it worked out well. So it indicates that there was some issue with the previous user account. But before you delete the existing domain user account and then create a new one, please consult your network admin (unless you're the one). Because there are a lot of other things associated with this particularly if it is a large network.

No other information is required by me. Hope all works out well. Good luck and keep me posted for any queries. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry for late response.

Recreating the domain account(s) resolved the issue.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi @Eur0star, I am the @Chimney_83. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved. Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Good Luck!

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.