Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 400 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,

it's impossible but i have a problem for installation a basic software Hp PhotoSmart Pro B210a-m in a new PC 400G3 because the Printer software in the first step when check the prerequired
system... don't recognize the hardware USB... but the USB are configured well and worked perfect!!
what'is the simple problem?
tnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in.

A such may occuor when you only have a USB 3 port on your PC.

Follow tese steps to bypass the error:
Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Open the Setup folder.
Locate the usbready.exe file and rename it into usbready.old.exe
Browse back to the main extraction folder (the folders who starts with 7z) and launch the Setup.exe file.

Now follow the installation and check for any difference.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Test the USB port of the PC by plugging in a USB flash drive to see if it is recognized by the operating system.

You say it is a new PC. Have you installed the USB drivers?

Windows 7 is unlike Windows 8,8.1 or 10. It won't automatically install the drivers on its own.

Try running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. It will troubleshoot your connection issues.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/HPPSdr.exe

The issue should be in the printer section. I will move it for you.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in.

A such may occuor when you only have a USB 3 port on your PC.

Follow tese steps to bypass the error:
Click the Start button and type %temp% into the search bar, then open the shown Temp folder.

Open the latest HP installation folder which begins with 7z (e.g. 7zs1234)
Open the Setup folder.
Locate the usbready.exe file and rename it into usbready.old.exe
Browse back to the main extraction folder (the folders who starts with 7z) and launch the Setup.exe file.

Now follow the installation and check for any difference.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Tnx a lot.

Perfect solution. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.