Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet Plus 4130 All-in-One Printer

I am trying to connect my printer to the wifi network. I am getting to the stage were it tells me to join the HP network, however, I do not know the password for this network. I tried to find the password by printing the information sheet but the sheet in not printing, i have paper and ink in the printer but it is only printing the icons of a wifi bar and no text.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Susana7799,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It seems like you're encountering some issues while setting up your HP DeskJet Plus 4130 All-In-One Printer on your Wi-Fi network. Let's try to troubleshoot this problem.

• Check the Wi-Fi Signal: Make sure your printer is located within range of your Wi-Fi router. A weak signal can cause connection issues.
  • Printer Display: On the printer's display panel, navigate to the wireless settings or network setup menu. There should be an option to view the wireless settings. Check if you can find the Wi-Fi password there. It might also display the SSID (network name) and password for you to connect to.
  • Factory Reset: If you're unable to access the Wi-Fi settings on the printer, you might need to perform a factory reset on the printer to clear any previous network settings and start over. Consult your printer's manual or HP's support website for instructions on how to do this.
  • Wi-Fi Direct: Sometimes, printers can create their own Wi-Fi network (HP Direct or Wi-Fi Direct). When you're asked to join the HP network, it might be referring to this network. Check if the printer's Wi-Fi Direct mode is enabled, and then connect your computer or mobile device to it.
  • Update Firmware: Ensure your printer's firmware is up to date. HP often releases firmware updates to resolve issues and improve compatibility.
  • Manual Connection: If none of the above methods work, you can manually enter your Wi-Fi network details on the printer. Typically, you'll need to enter your network's SSID (name) and password. This option is usually available in the printer's wireless setup menu.

Regarding the issue with the information sheet not printing correctly, make sure the paper is loaded correctly, and there are no jams in the printer. If it continues to print incorrectly, it might be a printer hardware issue.

Remember to double-check your Wi-Fi network's name and password, as typos in the password can often be a source of connection problems.

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.