Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I cannot figure out the password for my printer.  I have a brand new HP Laser Jet Pro 3201DW and I was able to connect to my computers via WiFi Direct, but it has disconnected itself from all 4 computers and none of us can print now.  I cannot get into the WiFi settings to try to reconnect because it's asking for a user name and password.  I'm stuck.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mboulant,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Losing access to your printer's settings can indeed be frustrating, especially when you need to reconnect it to your devices. For HP printers, the default username and password are often "admin" for both fields, but sometimes there's a unique password generated during the initial setup. Here are a few steps you can try.

• Check the Printer Manual: The default username and password are usually mentioned in the user manual. If you still have it, it's worth checking there first.
  • Reset the Printer: Many printers have a reset button or a sequence of buttons you can press to reset the printer to its factory defaults. This should clear any custom settings, including the username and password. Refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a reset.
  • Try Common Defaults: If you haven't changed the default credentials yourself, common default usernames and passwords for HP printers are often "admin" for both fields, but this can vary depending on the model.
  • Use the WPS Button: Some HP printers support connecting to WiFi networks using the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on your router. Check if your printer and router support this feature, and if so, you can use it to reconnect your printer without needing to access its settings.

Once you regain access to the printer's settings, you can reconnect it to your computers via WiFi Direct or through your WiFi network.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.