Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi

Brief summary.  Using old desktop on vista (I think) Laser printer connected to pc via USB and works fine.

Have a Samsung A33 and I've been able to print from this phone to the hp printer no problem until:

I have changed my WiFi extender and need to get the printer connected to this new one but cannot work out how to. I've done the thing where you hold the WiFi button down for 20 secs till both lights flash, search WiFi and connect to the hp one. Then I've gone into the hp smart app and it links and says the printer is ready but the WiFi light continues to flash and I can't print from phone.  I've the connected the phone to the main WiFi I want to use and can't print with WiFi light still flashing. 

I've now tried again to connect to the hp WiFi and its asking for a password I don't have.  Why is this so difficult 

I think I just need to work out how to link the printer to the new WiFi and then when the phone is on the same WiFi it should link but I cannot work out how

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.