Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
MFP475DW
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have an HP MFP M475dw (new to me but second hand).  It has the latest firmware installed (20150126) and I've also tried re-installing this a couple of times, following this advice from the printer itself.  It is connected to my home network via Ethernet cable and I can successfully print to it using a Windows 10 64 bit machine.  I can also 'scan to email' successfully, thus I know it is using the internet.  I have also tried using the WiFi connection (by removing the Ethernet cable and configuring the WiFi) and I can get to the EWS without issue, but can't get further with my issues below.

Using an old Windows 7 laptop, I have installed the printer driver software but it gets stuck when it tries to connect to the internet.  I do not use a proxy, it is simply through my router which every other device I own can connect to the internet without issue.  I am using the old laptop as I want to use the 'Network Folder setup wizard' as this software won't run on my Win 10 machine.

Also, via the EWS, when I click on the 'HP Web Services' tab, and then the green 'Enable' button, I get an error message - 'Connection Error.  Check Internet connection'

Via the printer touchscreen, when selecting 'Apps' I also get an error saying it failed to connect (or similar - can't remember the exact message).

I have reset to factory defaults via the touchscreen and I've also reset to factory defaults via the EWS.

Stumped as to what to try next.

Also (found when trying to submit this question) I can't add this printer to my account so I can't select it from the list of 'my printers' above.

I should also add, that when accessing the EWS, I am doing it by HTTP not HTTPS.  If I enable HTTPS, I can no longer connect and I get 'ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH'.  I've created a new (HP) security certificate and it is valid from today until this time 2023 but still no joy.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.