Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
CP1525NW
macOS 12.0 Monterey

I have searched the forum but not found this problem for my CP1525NW  printer.

I own an HP CP1525NW and have never been able to get it to connect wirelessly to my network. My current router (T-Mobile 5G Home router) and my previous router (NetGeat)  both do not have a WPS button and when I went through the setup the printer can not find the network. After repeatedly trying and failing I just gave up and connected an ethernet cable to the printer and router and left it at that. Now I want to move the router, but not the printer, so I am back to this problem.

I downloaded the HP Easy Start app to my Mac (running Montery) and tried that, but it did not work. I tried again using an older MacBook Air (running Mojave), downloaded the same app and ran it. It got further, It downloaded and installed two driver files but when it scanned for the printer it could not find it, so that did not work.

The internet light on the printer blinks, so I think it is looking for a network and making itself discoverable, but I have never been able to get it to work wirelessly. I thought about buying a router extender with a WPS button and connecting it to my current router but wanted to check here to see if there was some process that I could use rather than spending more money, and perhaps failing again.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @ManFromAz,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with connectivity. I'd like to help!

To assist you better:

• Is the blue Wi-Fi light blinking on the printer?
  • How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
  • Do you have a dual-band router?
  • If you have a dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.

While you respond to that,  please follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Restore Network to defaults:

• Most inkjet printers without a touchscreen: Press and hold the Wireless 

and Cancel 

buttons until the Power button flashes, and then wait for the Wireless light to flash.

• Once you restore the network to defaults, then please follow the instructions on this link to connect the printer back to your PC.

Once you connect the printer to your Wi-Fi network the blue light will become solid, please try printing using Airprint.

Print with AirPrint

• Open the app that you want to print from.
  • To find the print option, tap the app’s share icon — 

reply icon

or

share icon

— or tap 

share icon

• Scroll down and tap 

pinter icon

or Print. If you can’t find the print option, check the app’s User Guide or Help section. Not all apps support AirPrint.

• Tap Select Printer and choose an AirPrint-enabled printer
  • Choose the number of copies or other options, like which pages you want to print.
  • Tap Print in the upper-right corner.

Please go ahead and Update printer firmware and Update software on iOS.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @ManFromAz

As we did not hear from you, I'll be closing this case for now. Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.