Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Dell Latitude 6530, windows 7 pro.  An officejet 6600 was installed on this machine but started having issues.  I uninstalled the printer, uninstalled the drivers, attempted to reinstall and the printer will not reinstall.  The driver package (full software and basic driver package), runs through the install, installing printers, installed successfully, but no printer is installed, and no driver is installed.  If I plug the printer in to USB instead of wirelessly, it automatically installs the scanner, but cannot locate a driver for printer or fax.  There are several other printers installed on this machine, all work fine.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @rdwild,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. 

Going through your post, it looks like an issue while installation. This issue could most likely be resolved by a clean install of your printer (Complete uninstallation & reinstallation). Try the steps below:

• First, unplug the USB cable from the printer & PC.
  • Go to control panel – Programs and features – Select all HP printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Go to control panel – Devices and printers – Select each of the printer entries and then select remove printer/device.
  • Now press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.
  • Now restart your computer.
  • Open the Run window again, type “services.msc” and press ok to get services window.
  • Scroll down to “Remote Procedure Call (RPC)” – right-click and go to properties. Make sure the service is started and startup type is “Automatic”.
  • Now scroll up and go to “Function Discovery Provider Host” – right-click and select properties – Change the startup type to “manual” and start the service.
  • Repeat the same exercise on “Function Discovery Resource Publication” as well.
  • Now download and install the full feature software, using this link.
  • Select the connection type as wireless and check whether the printer is found over the network.

That should help you fix the issue. But if the drivers are not finding the printer, may be the firewall in your computer is blocking it. I would then suggest you stop both windows firewall and any other firewall that you have installed before trying to install the printer.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.