Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Good news . . .there is now a download for Windows 7.  I installed it yesterday and everything's working again.  That, plus the trick by Affable J, should help everyone else on this board who has had problems with HP Toolbox FX not working.

HP Recommended

I am experience this same problem on my laptop running windows7 x64 but I don't have the path you referenced.  I only have program files/hewlett-packard/hp print view software...Any additional fixes to this problem?

HP Recommended

Many thanks Vidar. Problem solved.

BR

HP Recommended

I have a laptop running Windows 7 64 not 32.  I do not have path printed to fix the HP Toolbox FX problem I am experiencing.  I have several HP laser printers so reinstalling all of them would be a pain.  I am sure I got this problem using a CD with old software which was not removed.  I print wirelessly using the home network and an assigned IP number to each printer and not wirelessly using any other method.  All my printers work fine.  I just get this message every time I reboot regarding the fact that hptlbxfx doesn't work.  It is annoying.

The path for this executable is c:/programfiles(x86)\HP\ToolBoxFX\bin\hptlbxfx

I am tempted to erase everything in the \bin\ folder where hptlbxfx is residing.  However, I am not sure that this is the same thing that others are doing when they erase everything in the settings folder when described in other messages.

I would like to know exactly what needs to be erased to stop this annoying program from trying to run or can I just disable it in services?  I have not been able to find hptlbxfx in services by that name but there are other HP programs in services.

I also cannot find a way to just uninstall HP Toolbox FX or hptlbxfx

HP Recommended

I am not going to repost the applicable replies in this thread; if you want to resolve the problem, then review what has worked for others and see if it corrects your problem. I seriously doubt there is a more comprehensive forum or site to help you with the ToolboxFX problem, so if the solutions here don't work for you, I can't provide any other suggestions.

HP Recommended

for vista you will find the settings folder at:

c:\users\all users\ hewlett-packard\toolboxfx\settings

and another one at:

c:\programdata\hewlett-packard\toolboxfx\settings

but this second one was empty for me

BTW a bulletin on the HP support says that the issue is caused by the MS framework.Net SW which can not be resolved..

HP Recommended
Thanks! c:\programdata\hewlett-packard\toolboxfx\settings worked.
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is the path that has the driver for both 32 bit and 64 bit for the M2727nf:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Yesterday I responded, telling that I have solved my problem by using c:\programdata\hewlett-packard\toolboxfx\settings, from where I deleted all the files.

After that ; HP ToolboxFX worked. THANKS for your help.

Allan Engelhardt Jakobsen 

HP Recommended

Have a P2055 Laser Jet printer. All of a sudden gettine an error message :

HP Toolbox must be restarted

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.