Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 3630 Deskjet 3630
iOS

A friend has just purchased an HP 3630 Printer and has set it up and able to print from her iPad but, to do so, has to change the Wi-Fi setting on her iPad from the router's to the printer's and then when the printing is finished change back to the IPad's.

How can she change the printer's Wi-Fi setting to match the one she has for the iPad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Lets see if we can get lucky.   Turn off WiFi Direct from the front panel.

From reading the manual.....

To turn Wi-Fi Direct on or off
On the printer control panel, press the Wi-Fi Direct button ( ).

● When Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, the Wi-Fi Direct light is on steady. To find the Wi-Fi Direct name and
password, press the Information button ( ) to print a printer information page.
NOTE: When you turn on Wi-Fi Direct the first time, the printer automatically prints a Wi-Fi Direct
guide. The guide provides instructions about how to use Wi-Fi Direct. After that, you can press the Wi-Fi
Direct button ( ) and the Information button ( ) together to print the Wi-Fi Direct guide. The
guide may not be available in all languages.

● When Wi-Fi Direct is turned off, the Wi-Fi Direct light is off.

● For more information about the Wi-Fi Direct light status, see Control panel lights and display icons

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You have to disable Wireless Direct in the printer.  Now connect your printer to your routers SSID so you can print and surf at the same time.

HP Recommended

@sabretooth04 wrote:

You have to disable Wireless Direct in the printer.  Now connect your printer to your routers SSID so you can print and surf at the same time.

Thank you for the prompt response.

could you tell me how my friend disables Wireless Direct in her printer and then connects the printer to the router's SSID.

She is using an iPad to print.

HP Recommended

Sure, download the User Guide here.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/manuals

Read it full on page 69 you will find how to connect to your routers SSID.   Wireless Direct info is here too.  You will need your printers USB cable to change everything.   This is also your full support page for wireless info and troubleshooting. 

HP Recommended

@sabretooth04 wrote:

Sure, download the User Guide here.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/manuals

Read it full on page 69 you will find how to connect to your routers SSID.   Wireless Direct info is here too.  You will need your printers USB cable to change everything.   This is also your full support page for wireless info and troubleshooting. 

Excuse my ignorance, but as my friend does not have a computer (only an iPad) I do not see how that will work.

Is there a means by which she can use the same wireless network for her iPad and printer?

HP Recommended
Sorry you will need a real computer to connect and make changes.
HP Recommended

Lets see if we can get lucky.   Turn off WiFi Direct from the front panel.

From reading the manual.....

To turn Wi-Fi Direct on or off
On the printer control panel, press the Wi-Fi Direct button ( ).

● When Wi-Fi Direct is turned on, the Wi-Fi Direct light is on steady. To find the Wi-Fi Direct name and
password, press the Information button ( ) to print a printer information page.
NOTE: When you turn on Wi-Fi Direct the first time, the printer automatically prints a Wi-Fi Direct
guide. The guide provides instructions about how to use Wi-Fi Direct. After that, you can press the Wi-Fi
Direct button ( ) and the Information button ( ) together to print the Wi-Fi Direct guide. The
guide may not be available in all languages.

● When Wi-Fi Direct is turned off, the Wi-Fi Direct light is off.

● For more information about the Wi-Fi Direct light status, see Control panel lights and display icons

HP Recommended

I wanted to chime in and correct some mis-information in this thread.  Your friend can setup and connect her printer to their home network utilizing the HP All-in-One Remote application on their iPad - link below:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hp-all-in-one-printer-remote/id469284907?mt=8

Before downloading and installing the app, please have them reset the wireless configuration settings on their printer by pressing and holding the 'Wireless' and 'Cancel' buttons together for 3 seconds.  If they've done this successfully, the power button LED should start to blink and upon releasing the buttons, the Wi-Fi LED should be blinking with the status bars rotating on the display.

From there, the printer is now in wireless setup mode and can be discovered/connected to the same wireless as the iPad via the HP All-in-One remote.

Hope this helps!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.