Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello

This sound like my problem. I can see the two gears but not the axel shaft?

HP Recommended

^.. Me too. I see the 2 gears which are seperated. There is a shaft about an inch left of the white gear and if i move it it makes a clicking noise since its contacting a tab. But thats it. It doesn't move the gears closer together. 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem since there was a message that paper was empty. Then I put enough paper in the printer. I can hear the rolls try to take a new sheet, but nothing happens. Only the message "paper empty, fill paper" I opened the roller block and cleaned the rolls. I reset the printer by cutting power for a minute. I turned the printer upside down but i can't see gears. I have a hp officejet 5510 all in one printer. Can anyone help me please? Thank you!

HP Recommended

after reading the instructions from the pervious poster i was able to figure it out...

You'll notice on the far left there is a open area and at the top of that area there is a black plastic that has a slot in it. you can slide it back and forth. Push it towards the back of the printer. it moves smothly till just before you get it to snap together and it should just pop back together. I hope that helps.

HP Recommended

Hi. I am having this issue and followed your instructions, but on the bottom of the printer I don't see an open space with an axle. Not sure what I am missing here, but it seems you have fixed this issue. Can you explain a little more in detail how to fix these gears. I can't seem to find anything close to the answer anywhere else. 

Thanks so much. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.