Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a new HP Envy 5530 and am running Windows 8.

This isn't my first all in one from HP and I'm happy with it but when I try to scan documents with boxes/tables on them, the scanning chops a single page up into a bunch of garbage I can't use... basically it won't scan the entire page, just random boxes.

I've used the preview scan functionality and when I do the box on the display shows the whole document. But when I go to scan it into my computer, it ends up in multiple random pieces even though it says it's sending 2 pages to my laptop.

My old HP did the same thing... does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I am using the USB connection and all other docuements scan perfectly but the two I really NEED to scan end up in bits and pieces.

HELP? Thanks!

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

I am having the exact same problem.  It is really frustrating.  On my HP printer at home, I can grasp the entire document during the preview / overview of the scan and then scan entire document.  I'm not finding this feature here.

HP Recommended

The same thing was happening to me, hence my visiting this site in the first place.  Since there were no answers I figured it out on my own and thought I would share.  After you select Scan, then select Computer, select the name of your computer, then instead of hitting the blue Scan button hit Settings instead and change it from Photo (JPEG) to Document (PDF).  Then hit Scan.  This worked for me.  Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

Hey Did you find out how to get a proper scan. I use a mac OSX 10.7.5 and My HP ENVY scanner keeps chopping up my scans or producing poor quality ones.

As suggested in the other replies I have clicked on prefereces and clicked it onto PDF and then clicked Test. This produces ok scans but i have no control over the quality and settings.

Can HP Please check this out and sort it? I weant to use the software as its meant to be used, not some backward quick fix!!

HP Recommended

I am also having this problem.  It would be nice if HP would address this issue and post a solution!

HP Recommended

Thank you!! I could not find any information from support. 

HP Recommended

I had the same issue and the problem was my printer setting for photo scan was set to auto-crop.

Solution:

On Start menu go to Devices and Printers

Click on HP Envy 5530 series (network) printer

Click HP Printer Assistant

On Print & Scan tab click Scan a Photo or Document

Go to advanced settings

Uncheck the auto crop box at the bottom right of the screen.

Voila, that's it. I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

how to scan picture with envy 5530

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

OMG thank you so much.  That was easy.  Ask and yee shall find!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.