Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

8610 Printer is a theft of money. Why is it so hard to fix? It would be easier to chisel a page of print than get this thing to work.

HP Recommended

SO dissatisfied with this printer. Have spent too much time resetting the IP address and messing with the settings per all the suggestions on this page. Just bought this hunk-o-junk and would never have gotten it if I'd known there were issues prnting pdfs! This is a known issue and they still sell this crap? I should have stuck with Canon. Never had any issues like this before....fell for the cheap price. lesson learned, HP should be ashamed.

HP Recommended

I figured this issue out. I have a few customers with this printer. Had a call from a customer today stating that his printer was running slow. I had him reseat the cables, power off, power back on and he told me his printer was working fine. He calls in every now and then with the same issue with that printer. I tell him to get another printer and after reading everything in this thread, he def needs to buy another. I wouldn't waste my money on this. If you want a printer with some good print speed, get a laserjet printer and call it a day. 

HP Recommended

OK for those stll having an issue, I had a customer service rep help me out.

1. Uninstall the useless driver that is supposed to work on this printer.

2. In Windows, Go into Control Panel, Printers and Devices, 

3. Choose your misbehaving printer and right click on it and enter into Printer Properties

4. Select the advanced tab and next to driver select New Driver

5. In New Driver window click Next and then select Windows Update

6. Under Manufacturer select HP then under Printers select HP Deskjet 990c

7. Click Next and Finish and Voila! WHy we need to use this alternative driver is beyond me.

So much frustration but it finally works fine now for me.

Hope this helps someone out.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I tried the solution posted by FoxholeA and it seems that everything is working fine now ( I just printed 22 pdf pages and it was pretty fast)...after I have tried 100 other methods that didn t worked. Only one mention, at 3. You need to enter into printer properties, not printer preferences. Thumbs up for you !!

HP Recommended

Glad I was able to help out. It took a few calls to HP complaining, getting my call dropped and even transfered to a busy signal before finally getting lucky and hitting on the right person. You'd think this isse would pop up immediately on the customer service rep's screen when they investigate ths issue in their database. I was so close to returning the unit for a refund and never buying an HP procuct again. I never had these types of issues with my Canon printers. btw, thanks for the correction on #3! btww, I too had tried a 100 other methods including all those listed in this thread and none of them solved the problem.

Best,

James

HP Recommended

BLESS YOU! I regularly have 10-20 copies of a PDF to print. Beats me why they don't fix the driver.

**bleep**

@FoxholeA wrote:

OK for those stll having an issue, I had a customer service rep help me out.

1. Uninstall the useless driver that is supposed to work on this printer.

2. In Windows, Go into Control Panel, Printers and Devices, 

3. Choose your misbehaving printer and right click on it and enter into Printer Properties

4. Select the advanced tab and next to driver select New Driver

5. In New Driver window click Next and then select Windows Update

6. Under Manufacturer select HP then under Printers select HP Deskjet 990c

7. Click Next and Finish and Voila! WHy we need to use this alternative driver is beyond me.

So much frustration but it finally works fine now for me.

Hope this helps someone out.

Cheers!

HP Recommended

I too am experiencing the EXACT problem as the others here with the OJ Pro 8615 and Windows 10.  It seems HP is not responsive to it's clients to fix this.  I will likely have to bring it back for a different manufacturer.

YES, I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING ON THESE PAGES; please no canned reply...

HP Recommended

As noted abover, I found FoxholeA's solution worked like a charm. Have ytou tried it? I'm thinking you posted before you saw it.

HP Recommended

I still have problemstoo. I have reinstalled drivers. I have spoken kind words to my printer. I don't know why it should take a techie skill set to fix this problem. It is very fruatrating. I have had 5 HP priinters over the years and this one is extremely disappointing. It will make me think longer when I finally reach my breaking point before gettinig another HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.