Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I can't remember exactly but the capacitor rating should be printed on it. Use the same uf (microfarad). The voltage rating on the part is the maximum it can take before it fries so you can use any voltage more than that. Better to use a higher value since the problem is caused by an over voltage. If you really run into a problem post back and I'll pull up my unit to look.

HP Recommended

Can you PLEASE share the model number?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue, with a printer that is barrely used (less than 500 pages in two years).

Directly after the end of the garantee period the display panel become white, afer few weeks of brightness increase.

Conatcted HP, and their response..sorry we cant help...you can order a new model as to fix the problem will cost me 80% of a new printer price....

I used to print in black and white, as the cartridges are equiped with the micro-ships ...I have been also forced to buy a colors one..

What to say!!! BRAVO HP the world champion of PROGRAMMED OBSOLESCENCE.

NEVER and NEVER again any HP product. 

:mansad: :mansad: :mansad: :mansad:

HP Recommended
Same here.. I will never buy an HP again. And never a printer with a display screen such as this.

There are a lot of helpful consumers on here and I thank them greatly for their support. It has helped some. I can barely read my display. At first I could read nothing. Some of the fixes in here have made improvements. It's a shame we all have to go through this and HP ignores us.
HP Recommended

Can you please tell us what capacitor it is? The one that needs replacing as nothing printed on it (seepic)

HP capacitor.jpg

HP Recommended

Don't know, but I've fixed mine with a cap (same physical size) from an old hard disk board and works perfectly !

HP Recommended

That is taking a chance, but what do you have to lose anyway?

More or less it should work though once its roughly the same size.

But perhaps you could help by checking that cap for it's rating?

HP Recommended

I apologize for just now getting back.  I fixed this by unplugging the power for 10 minutes and holding down the power button then plugging it back up.  Sorry again!

HP Recommended

The icons or words/yes or no or practically illegible.  Can anything be done to renew or reset the icons?

HP Recommended

The printer is Office Jet Pro 8600.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.