Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It is an SNPRC-1101-01 HPOfficejet Pro 8600 and th etouchscreen display panel is very light and I can no longer see the icons or words to select.  Can you help?

HP Recommended
If you go back a little on here look for Skipper_Bob's fix. I had my husband do it and it helped! Not perfectly but there was improvement.

Also, on Twitter you should follow HP Support. I recently complained with a Tweet about the 8600 and that HP has been if no help. They didn't want that posted so it eventually led to a phone call to me from someone higher up. This person admitted a "batch" of these printers went out with bad displays. She apologized that I apparently got one of the bad ones. I directed her to this message board and she told me a different department reads these. In the end I'm stuck with this printer but she did send me a set of ink cartridges -black and color. She said there was nothing else she could do.

Lol .... For me never again an HP product.

Everyone in here should follow HPSupport on Twitter and send them a message. Maybe seeing it publicly will cause them to help. They panicked when I posted.

Liz
HP Recommended

So it is what we thought all along. Bad hardware, and HP knows about it and doesn't care that a lot of it's customers have suffered greatly. Well that is the key to turning off a great number of those same customers.

I used to buy HP units because I thought their reputation and customer support was good. Not any more.

HP Recommended

You act as if HP cares. Trust me they don't. I used to be an authorized HP printer repair tech. They lost a good 90% of their techs when they mandated a 40k a year in printer sales just to stay an authorized repair store. I don't think so. HP is another one of those companies that wears too many hats. They no care about their printer business and concentrate more in (removed content) Laptops and subpar servers. (Same with dell). In the tech community we all Call HP (Removed content) and since they've acquired compaq it's now HPC (Removed content). The printer in question was very poorly designed hence the reason it's so cheap. I've repaired and re-repaired a good 20 of these before I washed my hands up (throw it away) invest in Brother or Epson. They both have after life product support and speak way better English anyone at HP tech support.

HP Recommended

Madcracker you have hit the nail on the head and you are 100% right.

If HP can release such a piece of junk under their name then they should

take responsibility when it goes bad, JUST LIKE auto manufacturers!

It's obvious they do not care. Only when their sales go south will that ever happen

but by then it will be too late.

HP Recommended

I have followed all of the suggestions, and the display is only faint in the middle.  The date at the bottom is very clear.

The voltage, screen brightness are not an issue.

I just got used to this printer, just had fax installed, but the issue was going on before fax was ever installed, now it is more important that I read the messages on that small display screen in order to send/get info about faxing.

The point is that I would rather NOT get a new printer.

Any other ideas?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I have this problem now also. A couple of work arounds I have come up with. (No excuse for poor engineering). You can scan and print from the computer which is the same as a local copy.PITA. If I could see a pic of the home and adjacent screens I could fake it,because I believe the screen is working, just no visual. The manual has no indication of what the screens look like....

HP Recommended

HI,

it is not to adjust the contrast, the problem is given by the board, two or more LED lights are off, they are burned. the only way to solve the problem is to replace the display board. :indifferent:

HP Recommended
Throw that POS away. Ever since the 4 and 5+ days HP's quality has gone out the door. They no longer care about printers. Their main concern is the PROLIANT servers and sub-par laptops. Not to mention all the bad advice going into and purchasing Compaq. HP's printers are horrible. The said printer in question is not fixable I've attempted all these repairs even board and display replacement. Fixes typically last 6 months. Throw it away and buy an alternate brand of printer (E P S O N) or (B R O T H E R).
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.