Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Bobsmith12:  You are incorrect.  The plan is a scam.  When you buy a printer it comes with ink.  When you enroll in the program, those cartridges (which if you didn't enrole in the plan) you could use until they ran out of ink.  I am on my pre-purchased ink cartridges that came with the printer, and now have to pay montly for them.  When I cancel, I lose my factory ink.  That is simply a scam.  If I never enrolledin instant ink, I would have months more of printing.  Sad to say,  I have been a loyal HP customer for many years.  After this scam, I will never purchase an HP printer again.  You are simply paying for the ink which came with the printer.  Total BS!  HP should be ashamed.

Keith

HP Recommended

You don't pay for the ink... you pay for the pages...Stop payment the ink cartridge shuts down its useless without subscription..

HP Recommended

You have the right to print your pages up till the end of your billing cylce..

Next time read the terms, instead of just checking off the box that you have read them..

It's all in there...

No I do not work for HP

HP Recommended

totaly agree with geovol.  You should read the T&C's  before signing up to this.  In my opinion i think its a good idea, as long as you stick within you pages per month then it does save you money on buying the ink cartridges and you know they will always be there when you need them.  Maybe the bit about them stoping working after you cancel is a bit bad i would of said that you could finish the ink in them first, but i dont see why i would cancel it, it is a good system.

HP Recommended

To those that say read the Terms and Conditions.   DID YOU ??

No where does it say that you should remove your existing cartridges and somehow reseal them to use when you opt out of the program.

The information HP sends you when you opt out IS NOT provided before or when you sign up.

That is the problem.

HP Recommended
Spoiler
No where does it say that you should remove your existing cartridges and somehow reseal them to use when you opt out of the program.

You are correct PaulC181 that it is not indicated there to remove your existing cartridge and keep them sealed.

However, On the enrollment page it says there that the Instant Ink subscription will only start the moment you put the Instant Ink Cartridges inside your printer. So it's simply advicing us to use those cartridges 1st and empty em up before inserting the Instant Ink carts.

Spoiler
The information HP sends you when you opt out IS NOT provided before or when you sign up.

It is written there, on the cancellation page that you will not be able to use the Instant Ink cartridges after the account is cancelled.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

Do more than just exist
HP Recommended

And again that is part of the problem.  With printers that use 4 or even 6 high capacity cartridges your Instant Ink subscription starts when you install the FIRST cartridge.

You can't, as you suggest, "use your old cartridges first".

When I opted out 18 months later, MY original Magenta cartridge was still going strong.  So I had been 'paying' for the Magenta ink all along since the 'replacement' cartridge was now useless.

HP Recommended

And again that is part of the problem.  With printers that use 4 or even 6 high capacity cartridges your Instant Ink subscription starts when you install the FIRST cartridge.

You can't, as you suggest, "use your old cartridges first".

When I opted out 18 months later, MY original Magenta cartridge was still going strong.  So I had been 'paying' for the Magenta ink all along since the 'replacement' cartridge was now useless.

HP Recommended

Your probably right...

HP should not have considered that to be COMMON SENSE...

HP Recommended
The plan is a scam and not about the pages you print! I don't care what the terms say! Due to illness, I didn't use my printer for a year. They had forgotten to send me ink I was owed anyway. Nothing had been printed, but I still paid the monthly fee. Now that I'm using my printer rarely, I just got charged for going over the 100 page limit, but I've hardly printed anything!!! They finally sent me all of the ink they owed me, but if I cancel, I lose the use of it. They're horrible!! I'm posting about their scam plan everywhere!! I have a huge following and the next time I'm on gma, I'm going to insist they let me talk about it!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.