Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The document feeder do not want to feed the papir for scanning og copying, it regestrer that the papir is in the tray but nothing is happening. Message that is comming up in the screen is "document feeder mispick. Reload". is ther anything I can do to fix this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Runfar,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums for a solution to your printer issue.

I understand that you have an HP LaserJet Pro 100 color MFP M175nw that has an Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) that will not feed paper and the display shows a message that says "document feeder mispick. Reload", when you try to copy or scan. I would like to help.

Here is a support document regarding this type of issue - 'Document feeder mispick' Message Displays on the Control Panel and the ADF Does Not Pick Up Paper o.... The document was designed aropund a different HP Laserjet model, but the steps are the same.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message.:)

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
Hi rb011,

Thank you for the reply. This did not solve the issue. The ADF does not even try to pull in the papir. Could it be that the ADF is broken in some way?
HP Recommended

Hi @Runfar,

If the steps in the provided support document did not help with the printer's ability to copy there may be an issue with the hardware that would require servicing to resolve.

There is one other option that can be used in a last resort effort to fix the printer. I will send you the details in a Private Message. If you are unsure how to check your PMs, this post by@SiobhanF can help - How to check your messages.

If the issue still persists, I would contact HP Tech Support as the printer would need to be serviced or replaced to resolve the issue.

If your printer is no longer in warranty, HP Tech Support may be able to help you save a little money through the upgrade program if you need to replace the printer. What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.

If this helps, please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.