Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Jerends,

Thanks for the inputs. I run the systems file checker tool, which picked up some corrupt files which cannot be fixed. The relevant error log is reproduced below.

I have no idea how to replace them. Appreciate any suggestions from you.

Thanks,

KH

- Begin forwarded log - 

2014-08-20 12:31:40, Info CSI 00000501 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2014-08-20 12:31:47, Info CSI 00000503 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2014-08-20 12:31:49, Info CSI 00000505 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2014-08-20 12:31:49, Info CSI 00000506 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:186{93}]"Microsoft-Windows-Printer-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.INF_prncacla"

2014-08-20 12:38:01, Info CSI 0000084c [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2014-08-20 12:38:01, Info CSI 0000084e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2014-08-20 12:38:02, Info CSI 00000850 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB" of prncacla.inf, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type = [l:24{12}]"driverUpdate", TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
2014-08-20 12:38:02, Info CSI 00000851 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:186{93}]"Microsoft-Windows-Printer-Drivers-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.3.9600.16384.INF_prncacla"

HP Recommended

Hi tkh2014,

At this time I would like you to ensure that all available updates are installed on the computer. refer to this YouTube video if you need help checking:

If the updates are all installed or do not help, I would like you to attempt to restore the computer to point in time prior the two week mark the issue started.

To restore your PC to an earlier point in time

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
    (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

2. Enter Control Panel in the search box, and tap or click Control Panel.

3. Enter Recovery in the Control Panel search box, and then tap or click Recovery.

4. Tap or click Open System Restore, and then follow the instructions.

Above information provided from this Microsoft site: How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi JERENDS ,

I've run Print and Scan Doctor and.... 'Everything checks out ok with this product'. Clearly it isn't otherwise I would be able to print more than one page!

I've also tried to run the SFC, but it won't let me! Says I have to be an Administrator, which I am!

Regards

Ian #frustrated

HP Recommended

Hi Jerends,

Signing in under a different use did the trick for me.

Thanks,

KH

HP Recommended

Hi ecraepnai,

Even if you are logged into the computer as the administrator you will need to run the SFC as the administrator, see the below image to see how.

SFC as Admin on Win 8.JPG

Image taken from this guide: Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

If this fails, create a different user account on the computer, it worked for tkh2014.

User Account - Add a New User in Windows 8<---

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

This did not work for me.

I have tried other suggestions on the blog. Guess it's hammer time.

I have been working on this for 2 days and still nothing. 

HP Recommended

It didn't work for me!!! Still stops printing half way through 2nd page :HalfEyes:

HP Recommended
Nope.......didn't work........
HP Recommended

Hello Wendyann88,

Could you be a little more clear as to what has not worked? There are a lot of steps in this Thread and I can not suggest a follow up step with fully understanding what you have done. Also, what is the model of printer and the connection type to the computer, USB, Ethernet or Wireless?

Regards.

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi ecraepnai,

I think at this time the best suggestion I can offer you now is to perform a system Refresh. This has helped many community members in a wide verity of issues.

How to refresh, reset, or restore your PC<--- 

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.