Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a 7610 wide format printer and would like to print to 11x17" paper, but there is no such selection that I can see. I have the latest drivers. Is there something I'm missing?

screen.jpg

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

Hey @Rrrandy,

I understand that you are not able to locate the 11x17 paper size setting for your HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to assist you with resolving this issue. In order for me to provide you with accurate troubleshooting steps I do need to know what Operating System you're printing from.

What's my OS?

Generally the 11x17 paper size will show as 'Tabloid' as the paper size option. If you're on a windows computer you may need to create a 'form' for the paper size to display as an available size selection.

How to Create Paper Size in Windows:

1. Click Start (), and then click Devices and Printers.
  2. Click the printer icon for your printer, and then click Print server properties at the top of the window.
  3. On the Forms tab, select the Create a new form check box.
  4. In the Form name text box, type a name for the new paper size.
  5. In the Form description section, select Metric or English.
  6. In the Height and Width text boxes, type the height and width for your custom paper.
  7. Leave the Printer area margins set at 0.00.
  8. Click Save Form, and then click Close.

Now when you go to File and then Print under the program you're printing from you should be able to choose the 11x17 size or Tabloid, whatever you named it under the Forms setup.

Please let me know if these steps resolve your issue. Should you still be experiencing issues be sure to respond with your Operating System so I can offer accurate troubleshooting steps. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I am running Windows 8.1 and have downloaded the very latest drivers. There is no such Print Server Properties in Win 8 unfortunately, I tried adding it from MMC but no luck there either.

I am quite amazed that I cant download some sort of fix for a printer that was explicitly designed to print tabloid size.

HP Recommended

Hey @Rrrandy,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this issue.

Perhaps you misunderstood my initial instruction's on how to access Print Server Properties as it is included in every Windows Operating System.

Please try the steps below to access Print Server Properties:

Step 1. Open your Start screen by selecting the Windows button on the bottom left hand side of your computer screen or by selecting the Windows button on the bottom left of your keyboard to the right of the Ctrl button.

Step 2. When the Start screen opens type Devices and Printers. Click on Devices and Printers to open it.

Step 3. In the Devices and Printers folder, click on your printer once just to highlight it and then select Print Server Properties at the top.

Print server properties.png

Step 4. Under Print Server Properties you will see this page:

Untitled.png

• 1 = Make sure you're under the Forms tab

• 2 = Select the 'create a new form'

• 3 = Type in your Form Name

• 4 = Enter the Width & Height

• 5 = Save Form

Step 5. Close the Print Server Properties window. Open up the document you wish to print in the tabloid size. Select File and the Print under that program. Now you should be able to select the Tabloid size and print successfully.

Should these steps fail to work, the other alternative would be to add an alternate wide format driver. You can do this by following the steps below:

How To Add An Alternate Driver:

1. Open your Start screen (either by selecting the windows start button in the bottom left hand corner or by selecting the 'Windows' button on the bottom left of your keyboard to the left of 'Ctrl'
  2. In the Start Screen type 'Devices and Printers'
  3. If the Devices and Printers option doesn't automatically populate, than click on Settings on the top right and then click on Devices and Printers.
  4. In the Devices and Printers folder right click on your HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format and left click on Printer Properties
  5. Left click on the Advanced tab
  6. Left click on New Driver
  7. When the New Driver window opens just hit 'next' until you see a list of Manufacturers on the left and a list of Printers on the right.
  8. Select HP as the Manufacturer on the left
  9. Select Deskjet 9800 as the printer on the right. If Deskjet 9800 doesn't appear than select 'Windows Update' on the bottom left and once the update completes you will be able to select Deskjet 9800.
  10. After selecting Deskjet 9800 hit next to complete the New Driver Wizard
  11. Under the Printer Properties window select 'Apply' but don't hit OK
  12. Select the General tab
  13. Rename your printer back to HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format
  14. Hit OK
  15. Lastly, right click on your HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format one more time and left click on Printing Preferences
  16. Left click on the Paper/Quality tab
  17. Left click on the 'Normal' dropdown for Print Quality on the bottom right and change this to Fast Normal
  18. Hit Apply and OK

Now that the new driver is added in, please try to print your Tabloid document again.

Please let me know if the steps I've provided resolve your printing issue. Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

X-23 ....Outstanding, your posts saved me. Nicely done, sir 🙂 

Thank you!!!

HP Recommended

I am having trouble with my hp officejet 7610 wide format printer. I have a 8.1 windows computer. I have tried everything form creating a new forum as well as trying to download the hp deskjet 9800 printer driver. It will not allow me to apply the driver. It pops up an error of, Printer serring could not be saved. This operation is not supported. 

Everything Ive tried doesnt show up when I try to print out a document. I dont know what else to do. 

HP Recommended

Hey @aweatherly89,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're experiencing issues with paper selection options on your Windows 8.1 computer when printing to  your HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue. Because you are getting the error 'Printer Setting could not be saved. This operation is not supported,' there may be a driver conflict occuring with your currently installed HP Officejet. Be sure that you have Administrator rights on your computer when making driver changes. If you are the Administrator and getting this error when trying to load the Deskjet driver, please proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Remove Device:

If using your HP Officejet through a USB Cable, please disconnect that cable now.

1. Open your Start screen on the computer by selecting the Windows icon on the bottom left of your computer screen or by selecting the Windows key on the bottom left of your keyboard, to the right of the Ctrl button
  2. Under the Start screen type Programs and Features. Click Programs and Features to open it.
  3. Under the Programs and Features window a list of programs installed on your computer will populate. Please scroll down this list and look for your HP Officejet. Click the HP Officejet and select Uninstall
  4. Please follow the onscreen prompts to complete the uninstall. Once the uninstall is complete please close Programs and Features and proceed to the next step.

Step 2: Clear Temp Files:

1. Open your Start screen on the computer by selecting the Windows icon on the bottom left of your computer screen or by selecting the Windows key on the bottom left of your keyboard, to the right of the Ctrl button
  2. Under the Start screen type Run. Click Run to launch the Run dialogue box
  3. In the Run box type %temp% and click OK
  4. When the Temp folder opens, select Ctrl + A at the same time on your keyboard. Everything in this folder will now highlight.
  5. Select the 'delete' button on your keyboard. The Temp folder contains temporary internet files. No actual files or folders on your computer will be affected by deleting the Temp files. Should a Temp file still be used than you will automatically get the pop up to 'skip' that item.
  6. Close the Temp folder once it is emptied
  7. Right click the Recycling Bin on your desktop and select Empty Recycling Bin

Please proceed to the next step. 

Step 3: Install Device:

1. Please click here to download the Full Feature Software and Driver package for your printer
  2. Once the download is complete please follow the onscreen prompts to install your printer
  3. If using a USB Cable connection, do not plug in the USB Cable until the installer prompts you to

Once the installation has completed successfully please proceed to the next step.

Step 4: Load Alternate Driver:

1. Open your Start screen again and type Devices and Printers
  2. Click Devices and Printers to launch the window
  3. In the Devices and Printers folder right click on your HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format and left click on Printer Properties
  4. Left click on the Advanced tab
  5. Left click on New Driver
  6. When the New Driver window opens just hit 'next' until you see a list of Manufacturers on the left and a list of Printers on the right.
  7. Select HP as the Manufacturer on the left
  8. Select Deskjet 9800 as the printer on the right. If Deskjet 9800 doesn't appear than select 'Windows Update' on the bottom left and once the update completes you will be able to select Deskjet 9800.
  9. After selecting Deskjet 9800 hit next to complete the New Driver Wizard
  10. Under the Printer Properties window select 'Apply' but don't hit OK
  11. Select the General tab
  12. Rename your printer back to HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format
  13. Hit OK
  14. Lastly, right click on your HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format one more time and left click on Printing Preferences
  15. Left click on the Paper/Quality tab
  16. Left click on the 'Normal' dropdown for Print Quality on the bottom right and change this to Fast Normal
  17. Hit Apply and OK

Once the alternate driver has been loaded please test printing to confirm if the paper size selection issue is resolved.

Please respond to this post with the result of your troubleshooting. I look forward to hearing from you. Good luck! 🙂 

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue. It is as if the automatic driver that is downloaded when you connect to a new computer is some sort of japanese driver that does not offer 11x17 page size. I have tried the form change suggested here and gone through the step by step instructions, but I still do not have the ability to print 11x17. Please help!

As background - I had this printer hooked up to my Windows 7 computer and it worked fine. I have tried to connect two new computers since then, one Windows 8 and one Windows 10 and neither has worked. Both ended up with the seeming japanese options. I have seen this issue several times on this forum and cannot find a fix that works for me. I am desperately trying to meet a deadline and would really appreciate a quick response. I was unable to post a picture of the options available to me in the print menu, but this chain as well as this other support chain have people showing the same issue: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Print-11x17-on-HP-Officejet-7610/td-p/35983...

HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue. It is as if the automatic driver that is downloaded when you connect to a new computer is some sort of japanese driver that does not offer 11x17 page size. I have tried the form change suggested here and gone through the step by step instructions, but I still do not have the ability to print 11x17. Please help!

As background - I had this printer hooked up to my Windows 7 computer and it worked fine. I have tried to connect two new computers since then, one Windows 8 and one Windows 10 and neither has worked. Both ended up with the seeming japanese options. I have seen this issue several times on this forum and cannot find a fix that works for me. I am desperately trying to meet a deadline and would really appreciate a quick response. I was unable to post a picture of the options available to me in the print menu, but this chain as well as this other support chain have people showing the same issue: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Print-11x17-on-HP-Officejet-7610/td-p/35983...

HP Recommended

Hey @KHenryATL,

Welcome to the thread! 🙂

I see that you're not able to print the 11 x 17 inch paper size on your HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format e-All-in-One Printer from your Windows 8 and Windows 10 computers. I would like to assist you today with resolving this paper size printing issue. Because the 'Form' custom paper size steps I previously provided in this thread failed to resolve this paper size issue, we'll need to use an alternate driver to resolve this issue. Can I please have you follow the steps below on both the Windows 8 and Windows 10 computers.

• How to Load Alternate Driver:

1. (Windows 😎 Open your Start screen on the computer by selecting the Windows icon on the bottom left of your computer screen or by selecting the Windows key on the bottom left of your keyboard, to the right of the Ctrl button. (Windows 10) Click on your Start button

2. (Windows 😎 In the Start screen type Devices and Printers. Click Devices and Printers to launch the window. (Windows 10) Type Devices in the 'Ask me Anything' box. Click Devices and Printers to launch the window

ps 2.png

3. Once the Devices and Printers folder opens, right click on your HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format

4. Left click on Printer Properties

5. Left click on the Advanced tab

6. Left click on New Driver

7. When the New Driver window opens just hit 'next' until you see a list of Manufacturers on the left and a list of Printers on the right.

8. Select HP as the Manufacturer on the left

9. Select Deskjet 9800 as the printer on the right. If Deskjet 9800 doesn't appear than select 'Windows Update' on the bottom left. Once the update completes you will be able to select Deskjet 9800.

10. After selecting Deskjet 9800 hit next to complete the New Driver Wizard

11. Under the Printer Properties window select 'Apply' but don't hit OK

12. Select the General tab

13. Rename your printer back to HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format

14. Hit OK

15. Lastly, right click on your HP Officejet 7610 Wide Format one more time and left click on Printing Preferences

16. Left click on the Paper/Quality tab

17. Left click on the 'Normal' dropdown for Print Quality on the bottom right and change this to Fast Normal

18. Hit Apply and OK

Now that the driver has been adjusted, the 11 x 17 inch paper size will be a printing option. Just open the program you want to print from. Click on File and Print. In the Print dialogue window you may need to select Properties or Preferences (varies from program to program) and manually select the 11 x 17 inch paper size under the Paper/Quality tab to 'tell' the printer that that is what it will be printing on.

Please let me know if the steps provided resolve your issue. You may also click the 'thumbs up' icon below to say "thanks for helping!" Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.