Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Here is my update to my issue from the other day:

After cleaning the print head for a second time, I discovered that the bottom where the ink is dispersed had a crack in it! The sealant on either side of the metallic fins that the ink jets out from is made of some sort of putty. This putty has begun to crumble. That is where all my ink was leaking out through. My printer was only 3 year old!

I looked online for new parts; the printhead replacement part is still available, even though this model of printer was discontinued.  You can purchase one from prices between $89 to $109 depending upon where you shop around.

Is it worth it?  ...Not for me. This printer is discontinued. What will happen if other parts break down? ...I  don't know.  I have decided, that I will be purchasing a different brand of Photo Printer for my business needs; perhaps a Canon. I can buy what I need specifically from them. My studio depends on that.

HP Recommended
I followed what u said to do & twice now the screen reads "Alignment Failed". Now what do I do?
HP Recommended

My black ink wouldn't print and I tried the wet paper towel trick but it didn't work.  So I removed all the cartridges and took out the cartridge holder by raising the lever on the right hand side and lifting the holder straight up.  Very simple to remove.  When I had it in my hand, it became apparent the whole bottom, most of the back and front were covered in months of cruddy black ink.  I took it to the sink, ran warm water over and through it for several minutes and was amazed at how much black ink came off.  I carefully dried it with a paper towel or two, then a blow dryer and replaced it in the printer.  I reinserted the cartridges and ran the cartridge cleaner option.  And it works like new!  It's amazing!  Simple to remove and clean.  Nothing to it - even for this 70 year old man.

HP Recommended

Totally worked! Had the same problem.  Had to be patient with the dabbing process. I tried a baby wipe, but the moistened paper towel was more absorbent and got the job done more quickly. Had to run a couple of cartridge cleaning rounds- just twice. Thanks for the tip.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  Got all new cartridges,  I think it's the printhead.  Do you know where I can get a new one?

HP Recommended

Followed your advise, but used Isopropyl Alcohol (better for electronics and cleaning contacts) instead of water, and then ran through the cleaning process.  Worked like a champ.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

HP Recommended

I bought a new print header, refurbished, and it comes with a little black round rubber, I don't know how it fits.

please, I need help.  Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

Hi @myaskovsky2002,

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Support Forums with your inquiry.

I understand that you have purchased "a new print header" that came with a "little black round rubber" and you are not sure how to fit it into the printer. I would like to help with that.

I want to be sure that I am providing information relevant to the printer model you are using.

You added your inquiry to a post created by someone who owned an HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer. 

Is that the same model you have? If it is, here is a support document that can help with seating the printhead in the printer - Replacing the Printhead for HP Photosmart 7510 e-All-in-One Printer Series.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

In fact, if this helps you to reach a solution please click the "Accept as Solution", and the "thumbs up" buttons down below in this message. 🙂

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

rb011
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended
I had the same problem. Remove the cartridges, then remove the printer cartridge holder, and take it to the sink. Flush it with cold water and all the crappy dead black ink will run out of it. I had to do this for about 20 minutes. Dried with a paper towel. Reinstall. Works perfectly.
HP Recommended

Here's the best way to fix the black ink to print again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql5CPAvTaOE

This will unclog the printheads.

Another idea is to change your paper type to HP brochure and flyer paper, glossy.  If that works, change the paper type permanently in the Control Panel for that printer. You don't need to use glossy paper. Just keep using your plain paper. Basically, you are lying to the printer to make more ink flow to the paper.

I recently got my laptop ungraded to Windows 10, and the black ink problem re-appeared. So back to the Control Panel to change the paper to glossy for that printer permanently.  So all is well again.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.