Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I cannot figure out how to use the touch screen on the printer to scan legal size document.   

When looked on forum it said something about software on computer.   If I need to load software to my computer and then initiate the scan from the computer versus the printer,  what software do I need and where can I get it?  

Thanks.   

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Rivahrat , and welcome to the HP Forums!

I see you are having issues scanning legal.  I'd love to help!

If you select Scan on the front panel of the printer, and select Computer, you should see a small icon in the bottom left corner that looks like a gear.  Select that and it will open a settings menu. Select Paper Size, and change it to legal.

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

I will not be able to test until mid next week but REALLY appreciate your prompt reply.   I was able to solve by downloading and installing software on my computer.   I  really am excited to try your solution as would rather do from the printer.  I will update the post once I can test.   

rivahrat

HP Recommended

Sorry for delay in responding.   There is no icon after touch on computer.  All that appears is Heading Select Computer

followed by list of computers active on the printer's network.   If select one of the computers get screen listing the different options as to how to handle the scan (ie save, email, etc.)   I do appreciate your assistance but as said now have working by initiating from the computer screen.  

HP Recommended

Hi Rivahrat ,

Thanks for replying!

Are you able to scan legal through the automatic document feeder on the top of the printer?

Thanks!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Yes, I am able to scan legal size documents using the document feeder when I initiate the scan from the computer after selecting legal size.   I just was not able to locate the icon on the printer panel.   Initiating from the computer really is not a problem.   It allows me to also key in the file name to save the material which would be a few more steps if just scan using printer panel.   

I appreciate your help.   

Thank you.  

HP Recommended

Hi Rivahrat,

The scan icon to use the feeder on top is the same as the one to initiate a scan from the glass.  It will auto detect the page loaded in the feeder.  On the front panel, select scan and select your computer.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and please let me know if I am unclear or misunderstand any of the details.

Thanks!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I am sorry if am doing something wrong BUT when I load legal size document on the printer feedtray and press scan and then select computer it does NOT scan legal size...it only does 8 1/2" x 11" (regular).   Again it is not a bit deal  but ONLY way I am able to scan legal size is by initiating the scan from the computer.   Seleting advanced options allows me to specify document name, etc so really saves some time if do this way versus having to rename if initiate from printer.   

Thanks again for all your help.   

Rivahrat

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.