Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Laserjet Pro P1102W
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
Hello-I keep getting error message: Connection error. Check Internet Connection when I press enable to print information sheet to show the claim code. Everything seems connected. I can print wirelessly from my computer. I can print from my IPad. I'm not sure why I keep getting this error message.
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hey @Linmacias

Welcome to the HP Support Forum.  I hope you enjoy your experience here.  :robothappy:

I understand you're unable to enable webservices on your HP LaserJet Pro P1102w Printer.  I would like to assist you with this.  

Firstly, I recommend you check the firmware version on your printer and update it (if necessary) as per the following HP suggested steps:

Step one: Check the firmware version currently installed on the printer
  1. Make sure that the printer is turned on and that plain paper is loaded in the input tray.
  2. Print a test page: Press and hold the Cancel button (). When the Ready light () begins to blink, release the Cancel button. The test page prints.
  3. Find the firmware version number on the configuration report, and then continue to the next step.
  1. Turn on the printer.
  2. Disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer (if you already connected it). If the printer is connected to your network, leave it connected.
  3. Use one of the available methods to identify your printer model.
    The Software and driver results page displays when the printer model is identified.
    Figure : Example of the Software and driver results page
    Image: Example of the Software and driver results window
  4. Check to see if your operating system is correctly identified. If your operating system is not correct, click Edit, select your operating system and version from the drop-down menus, and then click Update.
  5. Click Firmware, and then click Download.
  6. If an HP Download and Install Assistant window displays, select Use HP Download and Install Assistant (Recommended) orDownload only, and then click Next.
    Figure : Example of the HP Download and Install Assistant window
    Image: Example of the HP Download and Install Assistant window
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to save the driver to your computer.
  8. If you used the Download only method, open or run the driver file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to install the software.
  • If the firmware version number on the test page is the same as the firmware version number on the HP website, your product firmware is up to date. Continue to the step to Enable Web Services.
  • If the firmware version number on the test page is different than the firmware version number on the HP website, continue to the next step to download and install the firmware.
Step three: Download and install the firmware
Follow these steps to download and install the firmware.
Important: The HP product must be connected to the computer and to a wired (Ethernet) or wireless network with an active Internet connection to update the firmware and enable ePrint.
  1. Click Download, and then follow the on-screen instructions to save the firmware file to your computer.
  2. Open the folder where the file saved (usually Downloads), double-click the file, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.

Source

Next, if you still cannot enable webservices I recommend you complete all the steps listed under 'Solution Five' in the following Article from HP: 

HP Printers - Printer Does Not Maintain Wireless Connection

This will include setting a static IP address for your printer and setting a manual DNS.  For the DNS servers I recommend you use 8.8.8.8 for the Manual Preferred DNS Server and 8.8.4.4 for the Alternate DNS server.  (They are Google’s public DNS servers).  

When those steps are completed, try enabling webservices again.  If you're successful, click here for steps on how to setup a custom ePrint address for your printer.  

Please let me know the result of your troubleshooting by responding to this post.  If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to say "You rock!" by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below and clicking to accept this solution.

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!    

E-roq
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

HI,

FOllow these steps to enable/setup Web services on the Printer

Connect the printer to a wifi or wired network with internet connection.
Now connect your laptop or PC to the same network.
Type the IP address of your printer in the address bar of the browser and hit enter.
You will now see the Embeded Web Services Page.
Navigate to the Web Service tab and click enable.
Now the printer should get enabled and print an information sheet with the claim code.

THanks

I am an HP employee. Although I work for HP. I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi LinMacias,

This post will help you in solving your issue. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/Enable-Eprint/td-p/4...

Along with this. 

Also, one more point i would like to add is If your ISP supports a proxy please check with your Internet Service Provider and update the same on the printer.

Kind Regards,

Oliver

"Although I work for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
"Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

Please check with Interner Service provider if you need to use a Proxy .

Oncce you set up the proxy please try to enable eprint again.

Kind Regards,
Mangesh
"Although I work for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP"--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended
Hello, I just do not know enough about computers to set up the HP EPrint option. Thank you for trying to help me.

Linda
HP Recommended

Please use below link to enable eprint. It has steps as well as video to enable eprint.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/ePrint-Print-Apps-Mobile-Printing-and-ePrintCenter/Enable-Eprint/td-p/4...

Kind Regards,
Mangesh
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.