Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Almost all of those printers are discontinued Jim.

Jeesh, I can't believe it's this difficult to get information out of HP.

All I want to know is what HP printers, that aren't discontinued (my apologies for not specifying that!), use the HP363 cartridges, yet it appears that no-one at HP can provide me with this information!  What a joke.

I can't get any support for my broken down HP D7360 as the error message that I receive on the HP D7360 isn't recognised on the HP support website as anything other than a paper jam.  I can't find out which other HP printers use the HP363 cartridges because HP also don't appear to have that information.  Where does this leave me?

HP Recommended

Yes -- you're right, these are mostly discontinued models.

I looked on the UK website and found a couple of models that take this ink cartridge still for sale:

D7200 -- single function printer.

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF08a/18972-18972-236251-64340-64340-3315740.html

C8100 - printer / scanner

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/uk/en/ho/WF05a/18972-18972-238444-410635-410635-3204783.html

Regards / Jim B / Wireless Enthusiasts
( While I'm an embedded wireless systems engineer at work, on this forum I do not represent my former employer, Hewlett-Packard, or my current employer, Microsoft )
+ Click the White Kudos star on the left as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
HP Recommended

So what it boils down to, Jim, is two printers?

Why do you think HP couldn't provide me with this information?

Instead they tell me that the only way to find out which printers use the HP363 cartridges is to trawl through a load of model numbers sourced from Google, 90% of which are discontinued models!

Utter nonsense, and completely awful customer service.

I have to say that, as a result, my decision is simple.  It's time to try another company.

Good riddance HP.  Your customer service is truly awful, as are your printers.

If you want a cheap bit of plastic, that's guaranteed to have a fault within 18 months, with no support offered by the manufacturer, then get yourself a Hewlett Packard.

Nathon

Message Edited by hatesD7360 on 09-09-2009 01:51 AM
HP Recommended

Hi,

WiFi Guy's advice is solid. The links he provided are HP documents which state which HP products are compatible with the HP363 cartridge. Apparently it can be used as an alternate to the HP300 with the HP Deskjet F2480 printer.

regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I agree that the advice from WiFiGuy is solid, but why do I have to come here to find it out?

I've bought an Epson this morning.  I've completely had it with HP.  3 bad printers within the space of 2 years.  No support.  No info.  Utter junk.

Nathon.

HP Recommended

And even if you are able to find a printer you will have a problem installing the cartridges. The UK cartridges are not interchangeable with the US model. If you buy US printer you must use US cartridge and vice versa. Pretty difficult if you move often. You can get the software to accept the foreign cartridge with alot of on the phone time with HP but you can only change 3 times. Very frustrating if you move often. I now have to buy all my cartridges in Switzerland but I live in Singapore. Planned obsolescence. Very ecologically irresponsible on the part of HP. The packaging doesn't say anything about compatibility -surprise! 

HP Recommended

@hatesD7360 wrote:

Why would I buy from the US?  I'm in Europe!

It appears that the UK "Support Forum" simply links to the U.S. Support Forum!

Anyhoo, I'm in Europe, if that makes answering easier!

Thanks.
Nathon

[text removed]

HP Recommended

I must say, I'm absolutely appalled with HP, ever since I started computing, which is many years,  always buying HP products, problems started when I bought my first HP D7260 printer, which was a fantastic printer, but it lasted just under the year, I contacted HP this was changed for another D7260, once again, a fantastic printer, again it failed in less than a year, but HP didn't seem to care, I wrote to them, all I got was the warrenty had finished, can it be right that two new printers can fail in less than two years, and with HP, it's the end of the story, but unfortunately for me it isn't the end of the story, I still have almost £200 of 363 unused inks, and still looking for a printer that uses 363 inks, I cannot afford to throw away £200.

I must ask this question, Is HP only interested in their customers at selling point, but beyond that, it's Hard Luck, I have sent letters to HP to find out if they still sell printers that use 363 inks, but not once have I received a reply, I must say, HP customer care  support seems to be non existant, but why? selling another  printer surely is more profits, I have even written to the Chief Executive at, Palo Alto, 3000  Hanover, C A 94304-1185, but no replies.

By reading below, it seems I'm not alone with this                                                                             

U S A

HP Recommended

Whilst I would often (OK then very often) criticise HP for their Customer Support or lack thereof I feel compelled to acknowledge two contributors to this thread who would seem to have gone to some lengths to be helpful despite some ,fairly strong provocation.

So Kudos to erico and Wi-Fi-Guy for displaying qualities that I would love to see more of from HP Support!!

HP Recommended

While I would agree with you, this thread is over 5 years old and the data is invalid now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.