Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Professional P1606
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My HP LaserJet Professional P1606dn when printing duplex prints blank the reverse of the first page and prints it on the front of the second page. This makes a documento of more that one page useless.

I have not change any printer software.

The printer is connected via USB to the computer.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Ansel1,

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I understand that the reverse of the first page is coming out blank with your HP Laserjet Pro P1606dn printer. I am happy to look into this issue for you! 

Please double-check that you are following the instructions in this guide, Printing on Both Sides of the Paper (Windows) (Duplexing).

As well as the steps in this guide, Troubleshooting Print Quality

Also, please try our HP Print and Scan Doctor, in case there could be a driver conflict. 

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this post helps, and have a nice day! 🙂

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

It seems as though the job is printing simplex. Can you verify that the paper IS going through the duplexor?

HP Recommended

The second page and subsequent pages are printed duplex, only the first is printed on one side only

HP Recommended

Hi Ansel1,

What program are you using to send your print job?  What is the paper size for the print job?

To confirm, did you install the print driver that came with the software?

Thanks.

I am an HP Employee. My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP
HP Recommended

Hello Ansel1,

If I understand the situation correctly, you are printing duplex on a lot of pages. However, the first page (and only the first page) prints only on one side?

This situation sounds like a feature found in a driver.  The feature prints the first page of a print job single sided (the idea being that a person would print the first page on letterhead) and the rest duplex. Since this sounds pretty close to what is being described, I would check the driver to see if this feature is turned on. You may be use a 'preset' driver configuration setting that causes this behavior.

This is an example of the driver tabs to look for (the image is from a different printer but the Paper/Quality tab and Special Pages Settings should be similar). The Presets that I referred to would be found on the Printing Shortcuts tab.

UPD_CoverPageDiagram.png

Hope this provides some insight,

Regards,

#HPExpertDay

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you. I will try it. The problem is that a few months back it would print ok. Then I do not know what happened and the problem started.

HP Recommended

I normally use Word 2010. The paper size is "oficio" which is slightly smaller than legal. It is 22.1 x 33 cm. And yes I installed everything from the CD.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.