Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you but I found that this does not work on some chromebooks (hp). You can see my other post for details, but this system does not work!!!!  When you try to save the file on the hp chromebook it says file is empty. Can anyone help? Pleeease any advice? After convincing a company to upgrade from Windows to Chromebooks I am really the big clown. I would appreciate any help. Thanks - from a want to be chromebook fan.

HP Recommended

only valid for wireless printers ?

HP Recommended

While this does not help you, I am in same boat and HP customer service wants nearly $100 just to entertain a question, not even to fix-it. Must be controlled by same people as Obama Care (don't care).

HP Recommended

May want ot check scan doctor; link goes nowhere; apparently HP removed, since they cant figure out their own issues

HP Recommended

I still can not get the hp14 to scan while my acer 10" works fine. Same network but trying to save a file on the hp it always says file is empty. But using the acer scanning either locally or to the google drive works fine. SInce I talked my company into buying several hp 14" Chromebooks and non of them scan let's say I am not the favorite employee. But I just found out today get a cheap 7" Android table on the same network and they scan. So I am going to velcro the tablet to the printer and say it is now what is controlling the printer. I would have thought using the hp printer interface via i.p. addresss the hp would have been the first, and not the last to work. So here is a cheap work around.

HP Recommended

Thanks, works fine so far. Help me out though. Was this a bad update or something? I've been scanning rental applications daily since I got the printer Why now? I'm just trying to understand. Does this mean there is a fix update in the works?

Tnx,

Dusty

HP Recommended

Can you help me scan? 

You may want to watch the whole video and then follow the steps. It's looks like you got half way through. Try it.

HP Recommended

Thanks I have tried for about 6 hours and did everything on the support forum, nothing worked until I found this gem!!

HP Recommended

Here is my update on the scan problem with the hp14". It just does not work while all other chromebooks seem to work fine. And using the web interface via the i.p. address and my Android phone will scan and save. I now am pretty sure that the message "file size 0" can not save is something in the hp14'. I have three other chomebooks not hp's working fine. I still assume it must be something in the driver issue. I tried saving the file both logged in and as a guest neither worked. My next step is going to be trying to force an update or see if I can do a roll back on O.S. versions. I am sure it is a driver issue. Not sure how but would be nice to hear something from someone at hp. I still think using all hp equiptment should ensure everything working. It should be easy to duplicate all you need is one hp14" notebook and a printer / scanner.

I think ChomeO.S. seems to be a forgotten project.

HP Recommended

Thanks - I'll try this solution.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.