Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

In trying to copy a multi-page document I frequently get a "misprint" alert, and must press okay to get the copying to continue. Then the machine goes into "cleaning" mode and produces more copies of the page than I need.  There was no actual "misprint" occuring but the copying process is slowed down and becomes wasteful in that the printer prints more copies than necessary.  How do I fix this?

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

We have the same problem in our Hp cm1415 printer. It's always cleaning after 2 copies. Please help!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with my cm1415fn.

HP Recommended

Hopefully I can help get the printer to stop wasting paper and print correctly without cleaning.  Have you tried running the cleaning process before doing a copy?  I am curious if running it beforehand would keep it from happening while the printer is making a copy.

--Attention Light Blinks--  I know this isn't your error but this link provides information on how to do a manual clean.

I hope this helps!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended
The error occurs when trying to make copies in black and white. Every two printed pages, a clean start.

Colored copies this does not occur.

When you get home I will do what you stated here and post feedback.

Sorry for the Google Translator.
HP Recommended

That is okay.  I understand you very well.  Thank you for providing information about the difference.  I cannot promise I can fix this but I can promise I will give this my best try.  Let me know if that helps.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

Cleaning manually before start copying didn't help for me. Still doing cleaning after 2 or 3 copies. Is it firmware problem or what? Is it cleaning black cartridge drum or what that cleaning is really doing? Have anyone tried to change blac cartridge to new one? I don't have new cartridges. Please someone help!

HP Recommended

Hi Hakkeri,

I understand your Cm1415 is performing cleaning after a few copies. Hp recommends the printer's power be connected directly to the wall outlet.

The following firmware update utility is recommended for the HP Color LaserJet Professional CM1415fn or HP LaserJet Professional CM1415fnw. You could download and install the firmware with this link.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=kj-85662-11&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

You could also try downloading and running the Hp Print and Scan Doctor. It designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers. This link will take you there.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&lc=en&jumpid=ex_r4155/hho/ipg/ccdoc/p...

Hope this all helps.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have this very problem and came here seeking answers.  I could not find an answer on the internet.  I have solved this problem for my purposes and thought I'd post how I'd done it in case it is of some use.

This was only happening to me on custom paper sizes (I am printing 5X7).

On the printer under the Setup Menu, I chose System Setup, then Paper Setup, then Tray 1.

I changed the default paper size to 5X8 (since this was close enough for my 5X7 project).

Then on the print driver on the computer I changed the default paper size for tray 1 to 5X8 to match, and I have not had problems since.

It seems there is a bug in the firmware, since the printer should be smart enough to know I am using a custom size, so I consider this a workaround, but at least it doesn't clean after each sheet when I'm printing hundreds of pages this size.

There is a Custom size property on the printer, but I did not play around with that since the 5X8 worked for me.  Custom may work for others.  I believe if the default size on the printer matches the default size on the driver, the printer will not prompt to continue and the annoying clean between sheets 'feature' will go away.

Unfortunately, the default sizes will need to be changed back for normal operation.

Hope this works for others.

HP Recommended

HSHRob .........I liked your answer to my problem which was cleaning between every envelope I printed. So I changed from a custom template to a close enuf size called Monarch. It will now print the capacity of the tray (10) envelopes without stopping to clean. Thank you!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.