Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hello.  I'm sitting in my house, trying to print from the same network as I always have....for 2 years.  My bluetooth on my iphone has never been activated, so that's not an issue.  I literally could print anything from my iphone with my HP eprint option.  Notes, emails, pics, web pages, etc.  Now, nothing will print.  I do not get an error message.  I get a message saying "sending to printer" or some other "positive" print status, but nothing prints.  I've tried the .pdf way.........when trying to print THAT, I get an error saying the .pdf file is password protected.  File properties state otherwise.  The only thing that will print is an actual email (no attachments at all), but only from the eprint app.  Very very frustrating!  This just happened like within the past 2 days. I've powered down my printer, my iphone, uninstalled, reinstalled the eprint software 2x.  BTW - I can print anything from my PC..................something is hinky with eprint software on my iphone............

HP Recommended

I can see how that would be frustrating....and confusing too.  I haven't seen this happen in a long time but I think this may help.  Open up the HP ePrint app and in the upper left-hand corner you should see your printer (you do see your printer there I hope).  Click on that and a little gray box appears with a plus sign (+) in it above the word "Service."  Touch that and add your printer's email address in here (printername@hpeprint.com) if you haven't done so already.  Then take the iOS off of your home WIFI and see if you can print those things using the iPhone's 3G/4G.  It is just a suggestion. I hope that helps. If not, I will try it on an iPhone tomorrow and see if the app in its entirety is having problems.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I just realized something.  You said only emails from the app print.  Those could print as long as you are on the network regardless of the email.  Are you sure that your ePrint email address is the same at eprintcenter.com as it is on the printer itself?  I can help you totally reset ePrint on the printer if you tell me what model printer you are working with.  You will lose your customized email address if you do but it may not be the app at all.  Let me know how it goes!

HP Recommended

Glad you brought that up.  i forgot.  I did enter my eprint email, said it sent me an activation code to my eprint email address.  Where the heck do I check that??  I have THAT email address associated with my printer, then I have the air email address which is totally different.  Where do I go to check my eprint email??  Thanks!

HP Recommended

That can be so confusing I know!  Before I tell you where to find that PIN, I want to share with you my "rule of thumb" regarding the difference between your email and the printer's email address.  Especially in these print apps, hidden throughout the web, and between hotmail, gmail, and spam mail you want to ALWAYS assume "it" means your personal email.  Imagine the printer as a person that can not opt out of junk mail.  With that being said, unless you see something that says "Type in your printer's email address to PRINT" often followed by a sample email, you are at a part in this app that it wants to send YOU a four digit pin to totally activate the app.  That is all.  It is a one-time code.  In fact, it was designed for you to actually open your email from your smart phone in order to follow the link within the "Donotreply - Mobile Registration" that leads you back to the app.  I still recommend writing down the PIN it sends you just in case.

Go back to the app and try to enter in the printer's email address again.  The activation page will pop up again and if the wrong email address is listed there and it is prompting you to enter in a PIN, try to click on something that says "Send again," and it will give you a chance to enter in your personal email again.  Let me know how it goes! I know trying to decifer between which email to put where can get confusing if not frustrating. So, like I said, always assume your personal email and below I want to share a picture so you can see exactly what a site might look like that is needing your printer's email address.

HP Recommended

This is an example of one of the few places you will ever enter in your printer's email address:

printers email.PNG

HP Recommended

You're so helpful! Wish my own company's internal HD was as helpful.  HA!  So, I went back into the eprint app on my phone.  It is showing my printer is connected and connected via my hpeprint.com email address. I just hit 'print' from a webpage, my printer came up, said it was 'printing' but nothing.  I went back into the eprint app just now and it was 'refreshing' again.  When I opened it up earlier, I had to hit 'refresh' several times before it connected....I'm still not convinced that it's NOT the app itself.  But, I will go through all your posts/replies as soon as I am able and try all the fixes that you recommended.  I will let you know!  Thanks so much!  T

HP Recommended

Thank you! I think it definitely seems like the app as well.  I asked around if others calling in were having similar problems and they were not so it's not completely the app but in regards to your specific troubles I do not think it is anything else.  I remember this being something really simple but I am going to have to narrow it down to a few things by asking what may seem like silly questions.

1. When you are in the ePrint app's "Web" do you see the website you are trying to print?  I like to do test prints with www.google.com because it doesn't use a lot of ink.
  2. Are you able to print even a photo?  I need to narrow it down to just the web or everything.
  3. Is the iPhone connected to your home network, a busy work network, or 3G/4G phone service? Have you tried other networks than just the one?
  4. Do you see the word "Activate" in the upper left hand corner? If so, finish activation by clicking on the word, putting your personal email in there, following the link in the email to finish activation, and then try to print.
  5. Does your printer show connected all the time (green dot) or does it seem like the printer is losing the connection (in other words, not the app but the printer)?

I'm more than happy to help if I can!

HP Recommended

When I get off work and onto my personal PC, I'll send you a screen shot of my phone and what app I'm using.

My house is wireless.  I have a wireless router.  I connect my printer and my iPhone (4g) to my wireless at home.  And my personal PC.

My Printer is always connected.  I have a blue light almost constantly on my printer, which tells me it's connected to my wireless network.

I've done the activate piece numerous times to no avail.

I totally deleted and canceled the actual HP ePrint Control Center app, and am just using the plain ol 'Hp ePrint' app that only has my Printer listed at the top (showing green), Photos, Cloud, Web, Email and a settings button that just gives information.

I just clicked on the "web" option, saying 'rendering' then goes back to the main screen with a yellow bar that says 'you have one print job pending'...............no printing.  I just clicked on "photos".........and sent a photo to print.  NOW, my webpage printed and so did my photo.

I used to be able to go into safari (without going into eprint app) and print directly from there.  Now I can't do that, but appears if I go into eprint app, it'll print.   Very strange...

HP Recommended

When you go to Safari and use the print feature that way that is called Airprint.  That will only work when you are connected to your home network so that is okay because you are at work and not on the home network I assume.  I was thinking you was calling the HP ePrint app the wrong name so I was giving you instructions on the plain 'ol ePrint app (giggles).  The reason the ePrint app was created because it was easier to print that way (off the network) than just sending emails with attachments.  I can't wait to see exactly what you mean.  I will be here through the evening so I should get your post in time.  Hopefully Airprint works when you get home.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.