Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600

Whats the default admin password for this printer?

23 REPLIES 23
HP Recommended

Hello @mandarinten,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you're looking for a default Admin Password for your HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer. Unfortunately, there is no default Admin Password. The Admin Password is an additional feature that comes with your printer. It is a feature that must be manually turned on and configured through the embedded web server (printer website) for your printer. Once your enable the Security on your device you manually type in a password.

If this password has been forgotten then a Semi-Full Programming Reset will need to be performed on your printer to restore the security settings. This Reset will restore all settings on the printer back to their out of box state. Therefore, should you use the wireless feature on your printer, this will need to be reconfigured after the reset is complete.

If you did not set up this HP Officejet, you may want to speak with the person who set up the product to have them confirm the password with you. If you set up the printer and have misplaced the password, please let me know and I can provide you with the instructions for performing the reset.

I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Thanks I forgot the password

HP Recommended

Hey @mandarinten,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this issue.

I'm going to send you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform the Semi-Full Reset. Please refer to your Private Messages for further instruction.

Once the reset is complete please post the result of the reset in this thread and not in the Private Message.

Best of luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Can you send me info on how to reset this to factory defaults as well.  I've also forgotten the password.

HP Recommended

Hey @Genix,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you have misplaced the Administrator Password for your HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer. I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

At this time I am going to send you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform a Semi-Full Programming Reset on your printer. Please refer to your Private Messages for further instruction.

Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I have the 8600 all in one and also need to reset the system, I have forgotten user name and password, please send me the information to reset the system. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hey @Bill2E,

Welcome to the thread! 🙂

I would like to assist you today with correcting the Administrator lock issue that you're experiencing on your Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer.

Please refer to your Private Messages for further instruction on performing the Semi-Full Programming Reset.

Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Same here.  Please send instructions for semi-full programming reset.  I have no way to contact the person who set up the printer/network.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hey there @sherrye123,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! 🙂 

I am going to send you a Private Message with the instructions on how to perform a Semi-Full Programming Reset on your HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer. Please refer to your Private Messages for further instruction.

You may also click the "thumbs up" icon below to say "thanks for helping!" Good luck! Smiley Happy

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.