Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Do you know your network password?  It should be printed on the back or the bottom of the router.

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

I have the HP photosmart plus 5100 seris and my family got a new router and it will not print now. We cannot access the settings through the printer but we downloaded the disk to the computer that holds the settings to the printer. It wants me to buy WinZip on my HP (laptop, not Mac) but if I can avoid buying it that would be great. I've tried for over 3 hours to get this fixed and it's annoying and a pain in my butt. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

HP Recommended

You do not need to buy anything to install this printer.

Do NOT use a CD for software (ever, if you can help it).  Download and install the latest software for your printer from the "Support & Drivers" link at the top of this page.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

Thank you so very much. You told me just what to do and in a language I could understand. It worked perfectly.

HP Recommended

when from a DOCSIS2 to a Motorola surfboard Docsis3 wireless modem/router combo. The printer and computer are connected to the network but computer cannot print to the printer.  It used to work fine before the change of routers. Now I get different messages like printer discommected, or (on a different computer on the network), operating system not supported. Really? it used to be.

there was a link to a tool that an HP person listed as possibly being able to help diagnose, but the lik no longer can be found.

HP Recommended

I am commected to the network (printer and conputer) and fail to print. Cam you update your reference to the link as it is no longer found.

HP Recommended

new router installed    hp printer wont work

HP Recommended

Replacing your wireless router now try.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1736500-1626554-16

HP Recommended

printer was working fine, then we got a new router, now

says"printer not connected" although it is listed as the printer??? help please...pretty please

HP Recommended

OK, did you use the very helpful link that SabreTooth04 posted above?  Please do so.

It will explain how to connet your printer to your new wifi network - it is still looking for your old network.

I am employed by HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.