Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a 3 year old Laser Jet CP1525NW that has been faultlessly printing wirelessly through my Dlink roulter since I have purchased it. It only happens when I pring from my MacBook pro: every page I print has the word "DRAFT" watermarked across the page.  I have deleted all the HP software & drivers, and re-installed. Interestingly, if I print from my iPhone or my wife's PC I don't get the "DRAFT" watermark. I checked and I have Watermarks turned off in the print menu. If I print to my HP LaserJet P1006 from my MacBook Pro it doesn't print the Draft watermark.  Any ideas out there?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I did a little research and saw where someone had a similar problem.  They went to the software updates section of the Mac and found an update for the HP Utility software that controls the printer.  This update was able to fix the watermark issue.  

I do not know if an update will be available for you, but may be a possible fix.  Let me know if there are any software updates available for your HP Utiliity.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Open Devices and Printers folder in the Control Panel of the PC.

* Right Click on the CP1525nw installed printer

* Select Printing Preferences

* Select the Effects tab

* On the right, set Watermarks to None instead of Draft.

Let me know if this helps.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I am using Mac osX. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my dilema.  I am using Mac OSX, and don't have the settings that you refer to.  Thanks again.  Still very frustrated.!!!

HP Recommended

The below information comes from the manual for the printer and may be different depending on your version of Mac.  

Use watermarks with Mac

1. On the File menu, click the Print option.
2. Open the Watermarks menu.
3. From the Mode menu, select the type of watermark to use. Select the Watermark option to print
a semi-transparent message. Select the Overlay option to print a message that is not transparent.
4. From the Pages menu, select whether to print the watermark on all pages or on the first page only.
5. From the Text menu, select one of the standard messages, or select the Custom option and type
a new message in the box.
6. Select options for the remaining settings.

This information comes from page 46 of the manual found here.

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  I have watermarks turned off, I found that setting weeks ago.  Haven't figured it out as yet but it's beginning to look like it's some setting or driver problem because if I print with my Iphone or my wife's PC, I don't get the watermark.  I updated the driver but I still get the watermark even with watermarks turned off.  Very Frustrating.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

HP Recommended

I did a little research and saw where someone had a similar problem.  They went to the software updates section of the Mac and found an update for the HP Utility software that controls the printer.  This update was able to fix the watermark issue.  

I do not know if an update will be available for you, but may be a possible fix.  Let me know if there are any software updates available for your HP Utiliity.

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks so much!! I searched the HP data base and there was an update for my printer that came out after the last update that I had installed just a month ago when this problem started.  I really appreciate the support from all of those who posted a reply to my post.  Still don't quite understand why the iPhone and my wife's PC would print without the watermark, but, at this point, who cares, it prints properly again!!  Again, many thanks to all!!

HP Recommended

If any of the process don't work you may take a try to use a software to remove it. A friend of mine was also having a same problem. Just try iwatermark pro software, see if it works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.