03-15-2013 12:49 PM - edited 03-15-2013 12:55 PM
Are you getting an error when trying to restart the print spooler? Did your printer spooler error out and now won't restart?
Have you seen "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."?
There is a Microsoft support page with information about this error that can be found here.
According to Microsoft:
- Cause: The ServiceBase class calls the OnStop method directly from the Service command handler that is defined in the ScDispatcherLoop of the Advapi32.dll file. After 30 seconds, if the ScDispatcherLoop thread is not ready to receive a new service command from the service control manager, Windows Service Controller marks the service as "time out." Therefore, you receive this error message.
- Resolution: To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for the Microsoft .NET Framework.
This resolution does work for some and allows the service to return to proper functionality. However, I would like to provide some workaround steps incase this option does not work for some.
- Open the Run command by selecting it under the start menu or by pressing the Windows Key (left of alt) + R
- Type services.msc and press Enter
- Scroll down and double left click on Print Spooler
- Select the Log On tab
- Uncheck the box for Allow service to interact with desktop
- Click Apply
- Select the General Tab for the Print Spooler and select Start
I have confirmation that this workaround solution does work for some users. The link below will take you to a thread where this information solved this error for a user in these forums:
Below is the video where the workaround steps, listed above, were found. The video also gives a graphical representation of these steps for those that prefer visual instructions.
I am not an HP employee.
This question was solved. View Solution.
Re: How to Fix: Print Spooler Error 1053
03-15-2013 12:49 PM
I hope this helps users with the 1053 Print Spooler Error.
03-15-2013 12:49 PM
- HP LaserJet Printers - 'Printer is offline' Message Displays on the Computer and the HP Printer Will Not Print
- HP Single-Function and Multifunction Printers - Find and Fix Common Printer Problems Using HP Diagnostic Tools for Windows
- Using the HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows to Help Resolve Printer Issues
- Printer Prints a Blank Page or Does Not Print Black or Color Ink for the HP Officejet 6500 All-in-One Printer Series
- A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays on the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One Printer Series