Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can u plz guide me to completely uninstall all the HP Drivers/Softwares from my Win 8.1 ?.... Because in all my experiments/workarounds I didnt uninstall HP 1020 Laserjet which was installed 2yrs back and working fine till date... 

Is there smthng that I can start installing all HP products from scratch because I think that after installing them from scratch may work... (I think) .... Just removing eveything from HP (Drivers and Software) ... any tool for foing that? 

Trying Uninstalling from  Program And Featured but no luck...

HP Recommended

Hey @anupam_luv,

Under Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 the supported method of removing all HP Software and Drivers from the computer for your printers would be through the Programs and Feature program on the Windows computer. However, there is an additional area on the Windows computer that we can check for any traces of lingering drivers on the computer once the uninstall is complete. It's never a bad idea to start from scratch when your having printing or scanning conflicts on a computer.

To confirm that you're removing the driver package correct through Programs and Features, please follow these steps:

Please disconnect any USB Cables that are connected from the computer to your printers before proceeding.

1. Open your Start screen by selecting the Windows icon on the bottom left of your computer screen or by selecting the Windows key on the bottom left of your keyboard, to the right of the Ctrl button
  2. Under the Start screen type Programs and Features. Click on Programs and Features to launch it.
  3. Under Programs and Features the programs installed on your computer will populate. Please scroll down this list and look for your HP Deskjet. Select the Deskjet and choose Uninstall. If you also want to remove your HP Laserjet please select that as well and choose uninstall  
  4. Once the uninstall is complete please close the Programs and Features window.
  5. Open your Start screen again
  6. This time type Devices and Printers. Click on Devices and Printers to launch it
  7. Under the Devices and Printers folder your HP Deskjet should be gone. If your printers still show, and you wish to remove them all, please right click on the HP printer icon and select 'Remvoe Device' or 'Delete'
  8. Once the printer icons are gone, click on any device listed under Printers once just to highlight it
  9. Next, click on Print Server Properties at the top of the window
  10. Select the Drivers tab
  11. Click on the HP Deskjet driver if it appears in the list and click 'Remove'
  12. Select 'Remove Driver Only' or 'Remove Driver and Driver Package' and click OK
  13. You can repeat these steps for your HP Laserjet driver as well if you wish to remove that one as well
  14. Once the drivers have been removed from Print Server Properties please close the window

Now you will have a clean slate to install.

Access Print Server Properties.png

Print Server Properties- Drivers.png

- Source

Once uninstalled you will need to reinstall. The appropriate driver packages for your HP Laserjet and HP Deskjet can be found below.

• (1) HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4515 e-All-in-One Printer Windows 8.1 Full Feature Software and Driver download: here

• (2) HP LaserJet 1020 Printer Windows 8.1 Full Feature Software and Driver download: here

Good luck! 🙂

X-23
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.