Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M283fdw
Microsoft Windows 11

I'm having the same issue and it's brand new:

Solved: How to prevent document feeder paper jams - HP Support Community - 5845280

It's not aligning with the exit tray and getting jammed almost everytime.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Genosoup4u,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating to deal with frequent jams in your document feeder, especially with a new device. Here are some general tips that might help fix or prevent this issue:

Check Paper Quality and Specifications: Ensure the paper you're using matches the printer's specifications. Some printers require specific types of paper to function correctly.

Proper Alignment and Loading: Ensure the paper is loaded correctly in the tray. It should be neatly stacked and not overloaded. Make sure the guides are snug but not too tight against the paper.

Clean the Rollers: Sometimes, dust and debris on the rollers can cause paper jams. Turn off the printer and clean the rollers with a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with water. Avoid using harsh chemicals.

Inspect for Obstructions: Look for any stuck bits of paper or foreign objects in the document feeder path.

Update Firmware or Software: Check if there are any firmware or software updates available for your printer. Updates can sometimes resolve hardware issues.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but it's brand new so most of these shouldn't need to be done. However, I'll ensure all is cleaned and update the firmware to see if it helps. It seems more of a physical hardware issue with pulling the paper through the printer from the document scanner.

HP Recommended

Hi @Genosoup4u 

Thank you for your response, This is not ideal to have jamming issue for the new printer.

I have shared a link below: https://support.hp.com/th-en/document/c06448960

If the issue still occurs it must be a hardware issue.

I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

They can help you with the unit repair or part replacement.

I request you talk to HP Phone Support and they will help you to sort it out. 

1. Click on this link -  https://support.hp.com/us-en

2. Select the country.

3. Enter the serial number of your device.

4. Select the country from the drop-down.

5. Click on "Show Options".

6. Fill out the web form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I have sent a private message to you with the phone number. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name.

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you - I've submitted a case as I updated the latest firmware with the same issues. Thanks for your assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.