Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having difficulty sending faxes. I keep getting "communication error" (no number with the error). I have removed my driver and reinstalled the new drivers and firmware and nothing! I am getting frustrated!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Fax Menu > Fax Reports > Fax error report < print it

What is the error code?

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

It is showing Comm Error 344

HP Recommended

Here you find, what you to do: Fax error codes and messages for HP printers and fax machines 

I think the problem lies with the receiver.

• Stop key was pressed on the receiving fax machine before the fax completed. Contact the person receiving the fax to see if they are cancelling the transmission. If not, send the fax again but at a slower transmission speed.

Or follow these suggestions here.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards
Andr-1611

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Or click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

HP Recommended

This still did not solve my problem! I am getting Comm Error: 388, 344, and 345 which ultimately sums it up to something to do with the phone lines or something to that effect. I have contacted my phone carrier (Magic Jack) and they said it had nothing to do with their product. (In case you are wondering, I have been using Magic Jack for 10 years with my fax machine (or all-in-one) and never had a problem). I have changed out the phone lines, splitter, replaced my phone, etc.) Magic Jack support had me run a packet loss and speed test and determined that I should have a packet loss of "0" thus I should call my internet provider which is Spectrum. I had Spectrum come out and they said that there is something going on with my lines not getting enough upload speed power. I have to wait at least 5 days to see if the situation improves. I have been dealing with this issue now for 3 days! I will let you know if I need your assistance if I have exhausted every possibility in the book. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there are any other alternatives/or suggestions that may help in the meantime as I need to use this fax for my business!  

HP Recommended

Have you tried this: Test the fax setup  >

Prepare the printer for faxing over a phone landline connection > here the 5th point > Send a test fax: Send a one-page, black & white test fax to ...

What was the result?

HP Recommended

I don't have a landline. But the problem is finally solved!!! Thank God. The problem was my phone line (Magic Jack) or shall I say my internet's packet loss was not getting enough power or something (it was not at 0.0 it was showing high numbers.) I contacted my internet service provider and they said it was something beyond their reach, like one of their plants was not getting enough power or something to that effect. Today after my electric company came to repair the electric lines, bingo it worked!!! Then I tested my fax both to send and receive and it finally works!!! Took two weeks to solve the problem. Whew! Now I can rest in peace and continue with my business! Thank you for all your help and support!

HP Recommended

I am getting a comm error 388 when i try to fax. I used to fax with no problems. I have had this fax, HP All In One HP 770 for over 5 years and this is the first ever having this issue. I changed the speed and it work for 1-2 pages then nothing. Please help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.