Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hope the composite image below consisting of RED numbered clips of my HP Envy 7855 printer display is helpful in accurately describing my issue.

Scenario:  I have many things to scan which I want combined into a single output file but are unsuitable for the automatic document feeder. But when using the flatbed scanner functionality, there is insufficient time to flip/add new material before the printer summarily declares I'm finished and sends a single image to my computer.

Description: I go through options 1-3 successfully scanning the first page/side. But when option 4 comes up "Do you have another item to scan", I've tried both ways:

• (a) Try to flip my material before clicking "Add Item", or
  • (b) Try to flip my material after clicking "Add Item"

Note:  Another message comes up at this point (b) which I failed to include (sorry - I'm not going back into Photoshop to update the image. LOL)  telling me to put the next item on the flatbed.

Bottom line--There is insufficient time to flip my material. The dialog box vanishes and 5 is displayed. FAIL

• Has anyone else had this issue?
  • Is there a way to customize the delay? 

There was more than enough time to do this with my previous printer an HP Envy 7460 and this was NEVER an issue.

HP-Envy-Flatbed-scanner-issue.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@themachinestops

We could try a Semi Full Reset and check if that helps

Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@themachinestops

Welcome to HP support community.

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Update the printer firmware

Refer this HP document for the steps:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandy:

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, my apartment has a limited number of electrical outlets and I'm totally dependent on power strips.  

I did unplug the powered-up printer as suggested but the software is already up-to-date. I tried various HP troubleshooting steps, the HP Print/Scan doctor, etc. But flatbed scanning is still only giving me about 5 seconds to swap pages which is not sufficient.

The only workaround is to mount any irregular items on a blank sheet of paper and use the automatic document feeder for scanning. This is not a great solution.

HP Recommended

@themachinestops

We could try a Semi Full Reset and check if that helps

Since these steps are specific to your printer, I have sent you a private message with the next course of action

Please check your private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.