Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
  1. I want to scan duplex and not have to manually turn-over papers to scan double-sided
  2. Installed HP scan to get double-sided scanning - I hear it is no longer supported. When it renders it is microscopic. There is no ability to scan to a place where I can manipulate content. Only option is to send to a file. (I got out my magnifying tool to read the options)
  3. Support has indicated that I need to use HP Smart. it doesn't support double-sided scanning. There is no way to configure a default (i.e. don't default to glass, I want you to default to doc feeder)

I selected this model to do a large amount of scanning and it is useless, and even if it worked by design, it is missing key features described above. It is too late for me to return it or I would. Very disappointed.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@jendrake 

Welcome to the HP Community --

Update / Edit

Add visual example - Automatic 2-sided scan not supported on this printer series

From the HP Store >

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-officejet-pro-8025e-all-in-one-printer#techSpecs

DragonFur_0-1711648182644.png

Original Content

========================================

1)  Printer - Automatic Duplex Scan

True - none of the OfficeJet Pro 8020e / 8020 series provide the automatic duplex scan option.

Scan TypeFlatbed, 1-sided ADF

There is no software or app "workaround" to the limitation.

Where is the automatic duplex scan feature found??

The top-tier OfficeJet Pro 9000 series printers offered this nice feature.

The (discontinued) OfficeJet Pro 9010e / 9020e series printers offered the automatic duplex scan feature.

Note the small difference between the 9010 and  9020 models (discontinued)

The 9010 series offered a 2-pass duplex scan

The 9020 series offered the single-pass duplex scan

Comment

True, Dual pass and Single pass is not a huge difference unless perhaps you are scanning multitudes of documents and need that extra few seconds of scan speed.

============================================================

At this writing:

The OfficeJet Pro 9125e includes the automatic duplex scan feature.

Scan TypeEasy slide-off glass, dual pass 2-sided ADF

The OfficeJet Pro 9130e models offer a model specific automatic duplex scan feature.

Scan TypeEasy slide-off glass, single-pass 2-sided ADF

The new OfficeJet Pro 8120e / 8130e model series do not offer automatic duplex scan:

Scan TypeFlatbed, 1-sided ADF

2)  Printer - HP Scan

HP Scan is certainly still supported.

It is true that the original version of the software is not optimized for high-resolution screens.

This limitation can indeed make the GUI menu appear tiny in a very high-resolution environment.

General Example - HP Scan (original / part of the full feature software)

9025_HP_Scan_Menu_PDF_More_Destination_99025_HP_Scan_Menu_PDF_More_Destination_9

=========================

What else?

Not sure whether your printer is supported -- might be worth a look.

The Universal Scan software cannot and will not add the automatic duplex option -- the limitation is not software dependent.

The Universal Scan GUI is better suited to high-resolution screen environments.

HP Universal Scan Software

Model and Operating System version Dependent >>

HPUSS adds OCR libraries to installed HP Scan software.

HPUSS installs a new, full featured, (and separate) HP Scan software shortcut to the Desktop. Note:

Where supported, HPUSS can be installed as standalone or installed after the full feature / full solution printer software.

Open website  HP Universal Scan Full Feature Software 

If needful, choose a different OS > Open all

Find / Download / Save / Install HP Universal Scan – Full Feature Software and Driver Webpack 

After the software is installed, Restart the computer and sign in. 

Open section Update

HP Scan OCR Add-on Software

Click (or open in new Tab) See Full Details

Download / Save / Install the OCR feature add-on

General / Basic Example - HP Universal Scan Software - PDF

HP_Universal_Scan_Menu_2HP_Universal_Scan_Menu_2

3)  Printer - HP Smart

True - HP Smart cannot add the automatic duplex feature.

and, Separately...

The HP Smart application is limited to how -- and whether -- the app can interpret default Presets / Shortcuts.

In cases where the installation of the HP Smart application did not automatically include the HP Smart Printing Queue, the concept and use of default Presets / Defaults depends on having installed of the Universal Scan Software.

HP Smart Printing queue and the use of the Universal Scan software "Printing Preferences" is not covered here -- setup and possible use of HP Smart Printing and / or HP Universal Scan app / software is, in my opinion, its own subject --it is not directly related to whether the printer supports automatic duplex scanning.

General Example - HP Smart app > (augmented with) HP Universal Scan - Printing Preferences

Note:  new example type - subject to update...

HP_Smart_Universal_Printing_Printing_Preferences_2HP_Smart_Universal_Printing_Printing_Preferences_2

References / Resources

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources

Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories: Alerts, Troubleshooting, Ink & Paper, HP Software / Drivers / Firmware Updates , Setup & User Guides, Product Specifications, Account & Registration, Warranty & Repair

Open 

HP OfficeJet Pro 8025e All-in-One Printer  

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click my Post "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.