Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One Printer
Linux

Hello,

I am at my wits end.  I have no where else to turn to get an answer.  I use my printer offline with a cable directly attached to my HP Chromebook.  Yesterday, I was copying some docs and it just stopped.  The information button is blinking, but it blinks constantly even when I can copy.  It also won't print a document.  When I try to print or copy, both the power and the information buttons blink simultaneousluy and then nothing happens.  I have also tried resetting the printer following instructions on YouTube, but that didn't do anything.  I have no way to get support from HP.  They don't support the printer because it's too old.  If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @tutu766,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're experiencing a technical issue with your HP Deskjet 2655 printer. I can offer some general steps you might try to resolve the problem.

• Check Connections: Ensure that the USB cable connecting your printer to your Chromebook is securely plugged in on both ends. Sometimes loose connections can cause communication issues.
  • Restart Printer and Chromebook: Turn off both your printer and Chromebook, wait a few moments, and then turn them back on. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Update Printer Drivers (if applicable): Although Chromebooks typically handle drivers automatically, there might be an update available for your printer. Check the settings on your Chromebook to see if any updates are pending.
  • Check Printer Queue: If there are any pending print jobs in the printer queue, try canceling them and then attempting to print again.
  • Factory Reset Printer: This is a more drastic step, but if nothing else works, you might try performing a factory reset on your printer. Be aware that this will erase any custom settings you've configured on the printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

How do I do a factory reset on my printer?

HP Recommended

Hi @tutu766 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are experiencing difficulties with your HP DeskJet 2655 All-In-One Printer. Blinking lights on printers often indicate an error condition or a problem that needs attention. 

Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check for Paper Jams: Open the printer's access door and check for any paper jams or obstructions. Remove any stuck paper carefully.
  • Reset the Printer: Turn off the printer, disconnect the power cable, and wait for about 60 seconds. Then reconnect the power cable and turn on the printer again.
  • Check Ink Cartridges: Ensure that the ink cartridges are properly installed and have sufficient ink levels. If necessary, replace any empty cartridges.
  • Check for Software Issues: Sometimes, issues can arise due to software glitches. Make sure your printer drivers are up to date. If you're using a Chromebook, check for any pending updates.
  • Factory Reset: If none of the above steps work, you may try performing a factory reset on your printer. The exact method may vary, so refer to your printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a factory reset

Refer to this document: HP DeskJet 2655 All-in-One Printer user manual

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.