Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Scanjet Pro 3000 s2

Hello there , i would like to ask if its possible to use my old HP Scanjet Pro 3000 s2 scanner with my new PC which has windows 11 OS , i have tried to download and install the driver and program from the support website dated from 2015 but it doesnt work , so is there any solution ? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is a 3rd party solution that you buy a license for after the trial period

HP ScanJet Pro 3000 s2 Scanner Driver & Software | VueScan Scanner Software (hamrick.com)

I assume you tried the full feature software as it is rated for windows 10

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL48578/cs-117972-3/Setup_full_3000_S2_EasyScan_001.exe

Sometimes these older drivers are on a Microsoft block list. If you have core protection enabled you might try disabling it then reboot and see if the 2015 package starts woirking.  The core protection is typically used in corporate and highly secure organizations and not needed for home system.

I have core isolation disabled because of an old Canon DVD printer

BeemerBiker_0-1713890360028.png\

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Hello and thank you for your answer , yes i have already tried the full feature but i cant install it , i try to launch it but after the HP logo i get nothing , i disabled the core protection as you mentioned but no luck.

HP Recommended

@SpirosCorfu wrote:

Hello and thank you for your answer , yes i have already tried the full feature but i cant install it , i try to launch it but after the HP logo i get nothing , i disabled the core protection as you mentioned but no luck.

You would have to reinstall the 2015 after rebooting as the core protection would have prevented the driver from being install in the first place.

That 3rd party solution worked fine on an old scanner I had but goodwill had working used scanner cheaper than the license fee.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.